flying pegasus

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is the alloy chainguard that i'm working on as well. i'm thinking that i might polish
some of it and paint the rest...maybe even a number?
fpalloyguard.jpg

this is the top corner that i'm trying to round off a little.
fpalloygueardtop.jpg

I have been drooling over the few pics of this creation you have posted.I cant wait until you finish it!

thanks for all the comments...i've been away for a week or so and i'm trying to get back to it
and attach the tank halves and finish the bike off!
will post some new pics soon.

i'd love to put a motor on it but i'd have to change a few things for the fit and at the moment, i can't afford the
one i want...maybe in the future i'll get another kustom frame together with the plan of fitting a motor.
maybe buy the motor first to get a real good fit!

finally had some time to work out how the tank halves where going to work and be mounted.
tanktopside.jpg

here's a top pic of the tanks and how much better they look on! i like the way they fatten up
the area, which is why i made them.
tanktop.jpg

here's a distant shot of the tanks with the chainguard sitting in place. still not sure about it?
tankside.jpg

Awesome! that really is cool.

If you decide upon using a different chainguard, I think I have something that could be adapted to work really well. It's an irregularly long steel Columbia excercise bicycle chainguard from the 1970's, and I think it could really look cool on this bike. If you would like to see a picture or would like some measurements, please pm me.

At first I wasn't sure about the chainguard either, but it has really grown on me. It might be really cool with some big fat old school lettering on it. This bike really is amazing!

Latest posts

Back