flatfenders first boardtracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It started out as a ladies Raleigh Regatta comfort bike that I picked up for $10. after giving it a sex change and adding a secondary upper bar it came time for a lot of red paint.
It came with a 3 speed freewheel hub but I wanted to eliminate all cables so I laced in a 3 speed coaster hub, I still have to make a shifter for it (jockey shift).
The seat is the one that came on the Regatta but I'm looking for another seat or I may reupholster this one.
searsbike006.jpg

searsbike008.jpg

searsbike007.jpg

searsbike009.jpg

Boardtrack fan said:
If the red baron had a bike I'll bet it looked something like that!
I was thinking of calling it "Cherry Blossom Special" but "The Red Baron" or "Richthofen's Racer" might be more appropriate.

Hey Flatfender,

Awesome job!! The hue of the red paint reminds me of an old time fire engine. Any thoughts of putting some vintage style fire engine equipment on it....i.e. torpedo style water tank, a water valve lever for an "on/off" switch for a head light, a bike rack modified into a " ladder rack" or perhaps a horn configuration like 'stepper' did:

Just a shout out from my running mind of ideas!....

Thanks again for the great job!
-Kevin

Boardtrack fan- I like the idea for the headbadge, Richthofens Racer it is :D

another pic for everyone.
yes I actually painted everything separately then assembled, anyone tried lacing painted spokes without scratching them? not fun.
searsbike.jpg

last night I made a little more progress, I can shift now via a jockey shift :p
still need to work on it a bit, then I'll be striping it down again to refinish the frame. linkage will be black and the frame will be staying the same color.
boardtrack.jpg

Back