Flame Jigger's Stretched Lead Sled

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a couple of pics of my latest creation. It still has a few minor details that will get taken care of in the future but it rides and looks so good I am calling done. I know they are never really finished. I think this is my favorite bike so far. Everything just seemed to fal into place with this one and it came better than I had hoped. I will add some better pics as soon as I get a chance. Here is a link to the build thread.
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=37785

StretchedCWC2634.jpg

StretchedCWC2635.jpg

Thanks for the compliments guys. I took it for a ride after work today and got a few better pics. It still has a few rattles that need taken care of but man it is such a sweet ride and really turns heads. I was waiting to cross the highway and got thumbs up from a couple guys on Harleys.

StretchedCWC2636.jpg

StretchedCWC2637.jpg

StretchedCWC2638.jpg

8) Cool ride. Patina look is sick also.
I just finish a bike with similar lines and fork and had a few squeaks and rattles from the fork. I first beefed up the spring by inserting a older inner spring from a MTN bike fork cut to length of the outer spring. Then used thin nylon washers on all the pivots points on the fork. The fork has a real nice progressive feel and quiet as a mouse. Not sure if this is any help to you but if you can use this advice, great. :)

thats sick i am sorry but this is what the dyno stretch frame should have looked like. and i dig the ratty bare metal look i am a sucker for raw metal anyways

big AL said:
8) Cool ride. Patina look is sick also.
I just finish a bike with similar lines and fork and had a few squeaks and rattles from the fork. I first beefed up the spring by inserting a older inner spring from a MTN bike fork cut to length of the outer spring. Then used thin nylon washers on all the pivots points on the fork. The fork has a real nice progressive feel and quiet as a mouse. Not sure if this is any help to you but if you can use this advice, great. :)

Thanks for the advice Al. The fork was squeaking and your solution would have fixed it. I went the harder route and welded the strut bars to the fork blades. Now it doesn't have as many places to move and the squeak is gone. My rattle is do the fact that the only thing holding the front fender in place is the fender struts. I need to make a bracket to attach it to the frok blades. I had it attached to the bottom of the steer tube but it was bending when the fork would spring.

Thanks for all the compliments guys. Karfer.... The Gt Dyno was a big inspiration for this build so your praise is appreciated. I have wanted Dyno Stretch since they came out years ago. Now that I have built this bike I don't care if I ever get one and I sure wouldn't trade this bike for one. Man I love this bike! About the only thing it really needs now is some awesome pinstriping! Might have to see about getting that done someday when money isn't so tight.

Flame Jigger said:
Thanks for all the compliments guys. Karfer.... The Gt Dyno was a big inspiration for this build so your praise is appreciated. I have wanted Dyno Stretch since they came out years ago. Now that I have built this bike I don't care if I ever get one and I sure wouldn't trade this bike for one. Man I love this bike! About the only thing it really needs now is some awesome pinstriping! Might have to see about getting that done someday when money isn't so tight.

Yours is way cooler than the Dyno. Leave it alone looks great without it. The only thing that would make it look better is if it was in my garage. :mrgreen:

I went for a ride after work today. Decided the local Drive-In would be a good place to get some cool pics.

StretchedCWC2640.jpg

StretchedCWC2641.jpg

StretchedCWC2642.jpg

Here is one I photo shopped. James Dean Double Feature 1955.

CopyofStretchedCWC2640.jpg

Back