Five Foot Two and Eyes of Blue Finished Pictures!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Has anybody seen my love? And her ratty old Western Flyer?
2bestfriend-1.jpg

Any how the bearings in the poor old thing finally wore out so it needed some fixing. Being here in town without access to my palatial shop and all of its equipment I snuck it into the spare room/office.
inthebeginning.jpg

It was just supposed to be new bearings and fresh grease, but somehow this happened :shock:
blownapart.jpg

Then I asked her what color she wanted but we could not find the granite textured paint like I used on Brown Sugar in blue. So I stripped it all down.
thestripper.jpg

Bought some new stuff :lol:
kewlhardware.jpg

When we went home for Christmas I took advantage of my facilities at home to do the painting. Decided to try out the Duplicolor body shop paint.
paintcans.jpg

primeredandhanging.jpg

freshlypainted.jpg

After spraying the base coat I allowed it to dry overnight and then applied the vinyl graphics. The logos came from ebay and the stripes from an auto parts store. Then I sprayed the clear coat over it all.
logoclearedhangin.jpg

fendersandguard.jpg
Assembly is going on now and I'll post more pics later.

Re: Five Foot Two and Eyes of Blue

schwinn.mann1 said:
Wow cool I've been wanting to try that paint also. Looks great!!

It works very well, to bad it does not come in any size smaller than a quart. With a little buffing it would probably shine even better than it does now. It is pre-thinned a little bit more than I would have done on my own so I got a couple of small runs. No fault of the paint, just something to watch for.
Here's another close up of the paint.
paintclose.jpg

And one more of the partially assembled bike, my flea market Electra gave up its tires and seat clamp for this one.
stop1228.jpg

Of course now it is begging for a white seat and grips...

the dupli color paint is great. i used the sublime green on my daughters pixie that im doing, still gotta get the decals made and the black pin-striping done so i can clear it.

Got another shot of the bike on the work stand during final assembly. I have to give credit to my local bike shop here in Wilmington N.C. 2 Wheeler Dealer, http://www.bikesarefun.com for actually having every part that I asked for in stock including the fender braces. 8) Late at night right before closing time one of the mechanics actually put together the correct headset parts for me from loose parts in the bin after it turned out that the Tange Sekei headset did not work. Kudos to the owner and staff of 2 Wheeler Dealer.
My Peugoet gave up it's kickstand for this project. It would not hold that poor top heavy thing up anyway, so nothing was lost and much was gained.
SDC11443.jpg

Now it is sitting on it's own wheels again! I just gotta get a new seat, grips and seat post and it is done. This might take another week or 2 as I am heading out on the road for work for a bit.
SDC11444.jpg

Sweet!! Get ta buildin'!! Peace

pacman270 said:
That is a nice job you are doing there. You said that you sprayed the clear over the vinyl graphics? Did tht cause any issues with the adhesive and clear mixing together?

After the vinyl stickers are applied you can give it the clear coat with no problem.

Nice build

That came out NICE! :shock: Great job :wink:

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen.
axsepul said:
pacman270 said:
That is a nice job you are doing there. You said that you sprayed the clear over the vinyl graphics? Did tht cause any issues with the adhesive and clear mixing together?

After the vinyl stickers are applied you can give it the clear coat with no problem.

Nice build

Truth be told putting a good clear coat over the vinyl is probably one of the best ways to make sure it stays put for the long haul.

It's Finished! We went riding Sunday. The seat, grips and horn were in stock at my lbs for a fair price so I got them all there. 1 of the pics were taken in the front yard of our house in Wilmington, and the others were taken on the bike path at Greenfield Park. Enjoy the pics.
First up is her horn I told her to pick out any bell or horn she wanted.... 8)
cutehorn.jpg

rtinyrd.jpg

cstonelft.jpg

cstonefrt.jpg

brgert.jpg

signssigns.jpg

Hey it's my favorite person and she's a happy customer. Life's good.
hpycustmr4.jpg

btw if anyone wants to see more of this park and path let me know and I'll post them in bike talk.
Peace Y'all

hpycustmr4.jpg

btw if anyone wants to see more of this park and path let me know and I'll post them in bike talk.
Peace Y'all[/quote]

fantastic that dupli color paint is great. i cant wait to see how mine turns out when i get it cleared. you did a great job

Latest posts

Back