...first Schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I admit it...this is the 1st classic Schwinn I've owned. A friend of mine does clean outs occasionally and found an old bike he said I might like, and this is what he brought me...new tubes and a good cleaning, and then a test ride are first, then I will daydream about how I want it to look lol .
speedster001.jpg

speedster003.jpg

...I ran the serial #s, turns out to be built May 14th 1964...

Nice find. This is how it starts, It becomes a collection quickly. Right now I have 5 schwinns, soon to be 6. I figure as long as I'm under 100 I'm not hoarding :mrgreen:

Love those camelback frames. I'd like to have one but most of the ones I find are 24". Nice find!

Yeah my collection started with a '54 girl's Wasp and a '58 boy's American (a year ago). I'm just now getting those two to roller form. and have since gotten a '68 girl's Hollywood, a '56 girl's American, a '60 unknown boy's frame, and lots of other non-schwinns. Also might be getting a '60's boy's Heavy duty this weekend. It becomes a sickness. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back