First Project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started on a bike that I was hoping to get finished in time for the Art of the Bicycle at the Go Away Garage. Due to lack of time and some other problems that isn't going to happen but I am determined to finish it and build some more. I have pics of the bike from a couple weeks ago. Since then I have taken it apart and started stripping the frame. I have general ideas but for the most part am building on the fly. Here's what I started out with. My wife bought it for me several years ago at a sporting goods store. I took the decals off back then and put the Mr. Horespower woodpeckers on. Since I took all the decals off so long ago, I have no idea what it is. Anyone know?
1.jpg

2.jpg

Thanks to firestonepilot's Manhattan Trucker bike post I think I have identified this frame. It appears to be a Manhattan. It looks an awful lot like the frame on the Trucker, Hornet, and Flyer models. The dropouts are exactly the same. I sure would like to find a source for these frames. I may be the only one, but I like 'em.

Sancho said:
Thanks to firestonepilot's Manhattan Trucker bike post I think I have identified this frame. It appears to be a Manhattan. It looks an awful lot like the frame on the Trucker, Hornet, and Flyer models. The dropouts are exactly the same. I sure would like to find a source for these frames. I may be the only one, but I like 'em.

I just got one off Craigslist yesterday. Decals are gonna be the first thing to go. Mine is grey. I got it for 40 bucks - minus the wheels and chain. Looking forward to a winter project!

Back