First Project REVISED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJK

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp, I got the bike from my Grand Father's estate. But when I got home with all these plans on how cool i could make MY bike for ME.. i realized that i was doing the wrong thing here.
I have a neighbor who's really cool and going through a tough spot right now. She had commented on my bike and my wife's over the summer... she was shopping around for a bike, but the money just never came.. and it got worse for her.
So.. im looking at this cruiser in my basement. Its sitting there next to my and my wife's bike and my recumbent project's parts bike.. and im thinking "I dont need this thing." I would make me happy to build it, yeah.. but I really was gonna get the most enjoyment out of it when i had a friend cruise on it and my wife and I were riding also..
Can't ride more than one bike at a time....
So, i've decided that I'm gonna set it up similar to the one she wanted.
I cannot afford to do too much, but i figure,fenders, paint, whitewall tires and grips are a nice contribution to a bike that was given to me and will make a nice gift for a neighbor...
I'll tell her that if she eventually wants to, I can set her up with a springer front end and a 3 speed rear hub, filled tank.

Thinking of going with a flat black frame, chrome bars, and white rims/spokes (possibly pink), whitewalls, and pink flames, maybe white pin stripes.

Whaddu guys think?

That's real cool of you. The color scheme sounds great.

right on!!!!!!!!

your grand pops bike. you rock!!

good karma!!! it will come back

Great Idea! But I'm thinking if it was your Grandpa's you would want to hold onto it.Why not grab all the good parts off of your bike and rat that one out for her?Just an :idea:
Great gesture however you exicute it! :wink:
L8 EM

For what it's worth, it was bought for my GrandFather late in his life, and i dont think it has more than a mile total on it. Not really a big connection with Gramps. Its also a really not super great bike.
Its a BCA cruiser.. nothing great, but it's gonna look cool and give her something to ride along with her kids.

TJK said:
For what it's worth, it was bought for my GrandFather late in his life
I forgot about your earlier post about this bike. :? I was thinking it was something from your Gramps youth. I also recomend Bikeworldusa. They have been great to work with. Rat On :!:
L8 EM

GREAT! I dont know how i missed that site. Thanks people!
Will post more about this as it progresses.
-TJ

Well.. turns out that one of my Local Bike Shops had a couple of lovely chrome Wall balloon tire cruiser fenders. Picked em up for a nice $25 bucks.. whitewalls on order. Thank God for that Pyramid catalog.. seems like all the shops order from it! I hadn't had much dealing with this shop, looks like i found a new place!
BTW, my Wife was along... she immediately fell for a new Raleigh comfort/MTB.. something about the shade of pink.. That and i think she wanted a lighter bike than her Del Sol for the local rail trail..

So.. i got the parts home and took up the wrench again.

I've been working a little on this project a few nights this past week.
Taught myself how to open the bottom bracket and some other fun stuff..
Good thing too.. was really dry! Time to re-pack this sucker.

Mock up picture at:
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o10/ ... rusier.jpg

karmakrusier.jpg

Still to come, flat black paint. Whitewalls, and red wheels!
Simple, I know.. but i cant afford the multi speed hub, stick shifter, springer fork and fresh saddle, headlight/tailight that I wanted to put on it.
Then its off to it's new owner. I hope she likes it.

Ive hung a name on it.
The Karma Kruiser.
Ever since I decided to give the bike away, I've been having a pretty good go of things.. job, financially.. good things.
So, I guess it fits! Not a very hot rod kinda name.. but it works.

Re-cycle and spread the love!

-TJ

That's a great name!Can't wait to see more progress pics! Keep up the good work TJK! :wink: 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
L8 EM

BIKE IS COMPLETE!!!
Gotta picture, having problems uploading it from work.. i'll have to do it later.
looks pretty sweet.

Back