first post

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there are alot of cool bikes here, thought I'd share some pics of one I'm working on.
this is the initial build, it will get paint and finished soon.

P7200004.jpg

P7200002.jpg

dont scold me for cutting up a GT. it had some bad dings in the top tube and I needed a strong frame since its motorized.
the seat, front fender and sissybars are off a murray. the rear fender is off an old wards bike which also has a nice seat I may switch to.
thinking of springing the front, but trying to keep it light. its a blast to ride. I'm having some rims built with a nexus hub rear.
total cost so far is about $75 8) let me know what you guys think.

Would you be willing to show how you did this. I am very interested in gettin into puting motors on bikes.
Where did the motor come from, etc.
Oh yeah,,,welcome...Please enjoy...

That bike is vey cool, if a midget joined h***'s angels this is what he'd ride. :mrgreen:

lol... thanks guys. I have a habit of cutting stuff up to make it "better".

the guys at work couldnt believe I drove it to work today.
good thing I live close and can ride mostly through neighborhoods.

Would you be willing to show how you did this

not at all. I'm bad for stopping to make pictures while building something, but when I tear it back down for paint I'll detail everything with some good pics.
basicly I ran a jackshaft where the cranks went using the factory bearings and a pillowblock bearing supporting the end of the jackshaft.
the engine sprocket wouldnt line up with the rear sprocket without some silly offset, hence the jackshaft. a narrow engine wouldnt need it.
I do have a lathe, a mill and a small mig welder, but everything else was done using hand tools. not something worthy of mass production, but ok for a one off.
the donor bike was a junk mini chopper. I bought 2 of them for $10 from a customer on the way to the junkyard with them :shock: the GT was free.

Back