First Build, Slammed Chop

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. The nut and bolt idea is time consuming, but it's a look I like a lot. I used the ones you see because I had a few bins full of them already. But, just by taking a trip to the local hardware store your choices are really unlimited. You can even go all brass with the nuts and bolts or mix them up.

Thanks! That was my first complete custom build & I just rebuilt the whole thing about 3 weeks ago. I got invited to do the Dallas Cycle Style fashion show with some of my bikes. I stripped that one down to the bare frame, capped some tubes ends off, re-did the bottom bracket bearings, brazed on an antique Texas belt buckle at the top of the seat pan, hand polished the whole frame with 120 grit on the angle grinder & hand sanding then clear coated the entire thing to protect the finish.

I wanted it looking it's best for the show and I wanted to fix things on it that I know now, that I didn't know when I first built it. That said, it's a whole new bike now and ready for this yrs riding season. I just took it out on an 11 mile ride yesterday. It killed at the show. Here's 3 of my bikes at the show and the link to the video I just shot with the final assembly of this bike in it. :D

It's crazy, that was my first, it's still my favorite, most comfortable & it still kills everywhere!

http://youtu.be/wqA0xxaT0ZE

Back