First bike!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went into the salvation army yesterday like I always do looking for cool do dads and vintage audio. Just before I was leaving I saw a BMX bike leaning against the wall. I walked over and if it was not the same model as the one my dad got me when I was 6 for my birthday. I still have the orignal bike but it is missing tires and is rusty. I could not believe it. It is in great shape and it is complete. It is a 1984 Sears Free Spirit. I will pose pics tomorrow with both bikes next to each other. I cannot believe I found it! My dad about crapped his pants when I brought it over and showed him!

All you gotta do is keep your eye open. Hit thrift stores and used bike shops. Thrift stores have always been good to me. I hit them twice a week.

Yeah I know how that is. The original free spirit was thrown in a field by my dad and then he threw out the rims and tires. Now it is rusty and in my garage. I still call him an ahole for doing it.

This was my first bike 42 or so years ago, shared between me and 3 brothers and sisters. Didn't have training wheels so one of the bigger kids would sit on the seat for balance while my legs pistoned down below. To clear some space I had to let it go this past summer, got 40 dollars out of it. I've had sellers remorse for that old loop frame ever since that day :(
sub7r.jpg

Back