Firewing 1953 Columbia 3 Star DeLuxe (2nd) - 3/15 TRADED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: FireWing 53 Columbia 3 Star-7/21 Mo Done - Flame On

3 wheeled wolfy said:
Why in one pick is there 3 nuts on one?

I staggered the spacers between the red and black flames. Three of the front ones have 4 nuts towards the front but most but the other six have 3 nuts to pull the flames in tighter to each other.

I also played around with the scaling of the Firewing logo to prepare to make some decals.

I think the placement of the Firewing logo competes with the Columbia Built logo next to it. If you would like my opinion (and even if you wouldn't, I'll still give it :wink: ), I think it should be below the Columbia logo like this...

15gqg7c.jpg

Glen said:
I think the placement of the Firewing logo competes with the Columbia Built logo next to it. If you would like my opinion (and even if you wouldn't, I'll still give it :wink: ), I think it should be below the Columbia logo like this...

15gqg7c.jpg
DITTO!!!! NOW THAT YOU HAVE ALL OF YOUR NUTS IN ORDER...GTB!! :mrgreen: PEACE

Jake Sensi said:
Glen said:

15gqg7c.jpg
Ditto #2

The chain guard is looking AMAZING! :shock:

:mrgreen:

MazdaFlyer said:
Jake Sensi said:
Glen said:

15gqg7c.jpg
Ditto #2

x3.
It's out of your hands now. We have decided.

The Renaissance Man said:
MazdaFlyer said:
Jake Sensi said:
Ditto #2

x3.
It's out of your hands now. We have decided.

X4, in case one of the front-runners drops out, or otherwise is unable to fulfill their duties. :)

Glen said:

15gqg7c.jpg

I thought about that spot, but was too tired to print out a small tester. I kinda like it there, because it also gives me some other ideas. :idea: :idea:

The flames look great! Lots of good work getting them attached. looking forward to seeing where you put firewing...

The glass door knob looks like something that belongs in one of those ántique roadshows' found this doorknob does this give us an approximate date for this historic bike?

Kroozerdave said:
The glass door knob looks like something that belongs in one of those ántique roadshows' found this doorknob does this give us an approximate date for this historic bike?

Some appraiser will think that it is an 1853 Columbia Firewing rather than a 1953. :mrgreen:

kingfish254 said:
Glen said:

15gqg7c.jpg

I thought about that spot, but was too tired to print out a small tester. I kinda like it there, because it also gives me some other ideas. :idea: :idea:
GREAT THAT'S JUST WHAT WE NEEDED!! YOU GETTING MORE IDEAS. YOUR ALREADY KILLING US IN THAT DEPARTMENT.

Re: FireWing 53 Columbia 3 Star-7/22 MO LOGO Chainguard??

I printed out a few more test Badges and Logos.
TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK??????

I'm not sure I like the small Firewing below the Columbia. It's hardly noticeable at all and much smaller than most model names are on chainguards.

Printed out the F Badge to see if that would help.

I think the F Badge makes a great union between the Firewing and the Columbia Built.

Re: FireWing 53 Columbia 3 Star-7/22 MO LOGO Guard+Tank+Light

Here is one with a slightly larger FW to bring it into scale with the Columbia

Next up is the F Badge on the Tank

Then possibly FW in the fender light. Undecided.

All together now

Awesome logo! This bike is killin' it

I think putting the "Firewing" script below the Columbia logo looks correct, oem. Adding the "F" creates too much clutter and detracts from what is otherwise a natural placement. I don't think that there would be that many logos in close proximity if actually came from the factory.

I agree. All three -- Firewing, "F" and "Columbia Built" -- on the chainguard is too much. Maybe you could print the Firewing in italics, and then put it on the same angle as the "Columbia?"

But I still think the small "Firewing" below the "Columbia" looks the best.

I really appreciate the honest feedback guys! Now that I look at them the pics with all three logos together, it just looks like the side of a dragster with all of the sponsor decals.

I'm also dropping any decal on the fender light. It's just doesn't belong.

Re: FireWing 53 Columbia 3 Star-7/22LOGO Guard+Tank+Light+Nanner

Nanner is next. I think I am leaning small, but may go large.
Here are the small medium and large options.
EDIT: I don't like the bigger stretch F's on the seat. I'm sticking with this one.

SMALL

Back