**FINISHED** The Begining of my 26" BMX Santa Barbara Cruiser Build!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Atomic Paul's 'Small Time Crook Bars' - Lack of knurling - just gonna go for it and hope they hold tight in the Rough Neck stem!
Yeah, took me a while to find the Todestriebs, so will let you know. My second choice were Araya 1.5's laced to a Suntour Coaster. Very lean and clean - which is the look I'm going for, but the H Plus Son rims have a bit of mystique and are less common, so went with them. Will post pics as soon as they arrive. Also using a 10mm SE headset spacer that mimics an old school nut from a threaded headset. Kind of cool.

Yeah, i've seen those spacers.. i like those.
The unknurled bars will prolly be fine for laid-back cruiser....but they might slip if you try'n get "too rad"...
You can buy Todestriebs direct from H Plus, but they cost a pretty penny when you buy direct.... I'm a still get a set, though.

Truvativ American bottom bracket converter installed allowing the use of 3 piece cranks. Project is coming along much slower than I would like. At least it's moving forward. :)

H + Son Rims arrived. This Todestrieb model rim is highly polished. It also comes in black or polished gray. Now got to polish the front hub so it matches the rim. :)

Build is coming along slowly. A few changes once again. Going to use a double bolt seat clamp instead of the Helix clamp for example. Currently working on building the wheels. Will post more pictures soon!

Ahh that's gorgeous, love shiny restos and quality bling added!

thats a sweet bike. i love the dormant orange metallic color. all the little bits of gold and some light purple flake in it as well.

i did a set of moped wheels that color, with hand polished brass nipples (sore fingers) and black spokes, polished ribbed hubs with black pinstripes in the low spots of the ribs..... stunners.

I'm so hating right now.!!
Rob that cruiser is just so over the top my friend..
Big time props.!!
I can't imagen what it's going to look like with the wheels on it yet..

As per usual this build has been an evolution. Finally got the wheels built!
I decided to tone down the build with less of a "Hey Look at Me!" style and changed the seat to a B-17 (using the other seat on my Elgin Klunker). Also removed the LANDING GEAR decals from the forks. Just need to purchase a bottom bracket and chain, then the build will be complete.

Removal of LANDING GEAR Decals

New Seat

Finished Wheels with new Michelins

More stealth than flash :)

Latest posts

Back