* FINISHED * cruiser 5 - to be my moms

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Help me make up my mind, its time to paint, gonna do white fenders and red pinstripes for sure but s

• buttery yellow

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • metal flake brown

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CCR

Mouth-Breather
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
got this bike to clean up for my mom, its a cruiser 5, pretty cool pinstripe stickers on it, I already stripped of the chrome fenders, lights and rear rack. of course i had to put the lights on my bike though the front lamp needs rewired.

100_0524.jpg

100_0527.jpg

are the welds usually cleaned up like this? looks a whole lot cleaner than my 01 schwinn cruiser

100_0529.jpg

my thieved rear light
100_0532.jpg

my theived headlight, needs a little cleanin though
100_0534.jpg

thanks for the link cman, id briefly looked over that before but didnt know what the heck it meant first time around, its nice to put the pics with the words :D

It's pretty nice just the way it is. The chrome could use a cleaning.

Start off with an old beat up frame that needs painting.

Get mom a ladies bike, like a hollywood or something.

Larry said:

Me too, I like the blue.

mastershake916 said:
Larry said:

Me too, I like the blue.

TOO LATE !!! :oops: :D

mom wanted an old bike that LOOKS new, we used to have a body shop and still got all the paintin stuff to make it nice and shiny, moms kinda picky bout scratches and stuff so her only requests were multi-speed and shiny (colors up to me and now ta you) , sooooo step 1) make it shiny - step 2) give to Mom. :lol: moms not a big fan of blue, though the colors probably what made me go after it in the first place !!!

I have an old Sears ladies frame you can HAVE!!!! Just don't destroy that beautiful blue paint!!! Seriously, free except for shipping, from Indiana, 46350...or pick it up.

Yeah...original Schwinn paint is killer...unless it's reeeeaaally scratched up I wouldn't mess with it either.

like i said before TOO LATE on the cruiser 5, already stripped it down to bare metal, but i got a stingray deluxe (minus the wheels) off my neighbor thats the same color (and the paint was in better shape) im keepin for myself, the pic above was the GOOD side anyway, the cruiser was pretty banged up around the rear triangle and the "schwinn" was almost non existing on the left side. bein round body shops all your life you learn if it doesnt NEED painted, DONT paint it, but i wanted this to look sharp as its a gift'n all, it already rode great though, I almost prefer it to my cruiser 4. gotta handle it to those brazing guys at schwinn though, the crank housing is the only part you can see a seam without jerkin the rear wheel off !!!!

Re: without whatin' the what???

CCR said:
Markm said:
Ill try my hardest not to let yuns down :wink:

I know you'll do a great job on the bike, CCR, but I havent
heard anyone say 'Yuns' since 1972 in Pittsburgh , PA !!!!
:lol:

Do you call a soda, "pop", too in IL ???

Oh yeah...love the scooter !

Re: without whatin' the what???

-=RaTb0y=- said:
...Do you call a soda, "pop", too in IL ???

I thought the "pop" thing was from the CHACIGANS and CHEESEHEADS.

round here some do, majority dont, i prefer to call it sodey (pronounced SO DEE), and i do get ribbed by my in-laws for the "yuns" thing (actually sounds like YOU UNS) comin outta my mouth :) and thanks

Back