finding people in your area

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it takes a while to build a club. It seems like once your in the real world working extra time for fun and hobbies get scarce.
There is a club in my area who hold rides once a month in different locations. He knows every one will not always come to his town to ride so by scattering them around people are not always burdened driving a distance to attend a ride.
The other thing he does that I like is they are not always based on cruising to a bar. Some times they will ride around a park and then have a picnic were every one brings some food to share. They even do some overnight camping were they cruise around then hang out at the campfire that night.
Do not get hung up on what people are riding. Alot of times once people see your cool cruiser they end up finding/building one for themselves.

Dude you don't understand it's impossible to ride my cruiser in our mtb terrain. It's like taking a Ferrari in to the unbeaten path.
477dfacc7e3fbe9195a8596e18b032ac.jpg

This bike does not ride trails

Yeah man, but you ain't getting it.. You don't take a cruiser up and into trails.. You take a cruiser into the crowd, through parking lot, into watchers sections and let em stare. if no crowds, then put big locks on it when you're there riding a trail bike,, chained on GOOD to the back of car or truck. They'll look while you're playing over the hill.

give enough time an they'll start making fun o you, eventually began asking questions.. humor em.. after all it's also a show, AND tell bike too.

Dude you don't understand it's impossible to ride my cruiser in our mtb terrain. It's like taking a Ferrari in to the unbeaten path.
84e9e8acae1ad9046608a7d9e7d32556.jpg

This is me on the trails
477dfacc7e3fbe9195a8596e18b032ac.jpg

This bike does not ride trails

I was talkin' about the metric system, but while we're on the topic---

I could ride some of my cruisers on the trails in your top picture. I probably couldn't ride your cruiser on those trails, though....that's a very low BB. :crazy:

What I'm saying is, host open rides. Basically, cruise rides, but don't specify cruiser bikes. Don't make a big deal out of any club(s) for th ride; just leave it open to all riders/bikes/organizations(or lack thereof.)

I'm about to put flyers up for a ride out of this cafe I work at. It's gonna be pretty basic, something along the lines of:
Bicycle Cruises
This and Every Saturday

All Riders Welcome!
Any Age! Any Bike!
Pace is Relaxed.
No Cry Babies, No Tough Guys.
Everyone else:
(outline details as to place/time)
(We've been organizing road rides this way; workin' out good so far.) The idea is, someone could do that ride on a road bike (in low gear), a mtb, a town bike, a cruiser, probably tricycles. It's inclusive. Once you attach a club name or cruiser expectations to the ride, ppl will feel weird about it unless they have a stretch or a chopped bike or some other such machine. The idea is to cast a wide net....

Thanks for all the helpful tips but as I said I never had any interest in riding my cruiser in the woods, I wouldn't dream of it, if I had a klunker maybe.
Me and my mates are building bikes and rides them on the street and this page was just meant to be here for people that might was searching for people to ride cruisers with.

Us56456712 those seem to be really nice trails for a klunker!

Hej dirtmechanic,
I live outside Stockholm and tried to find more information about your or any other cruising club. Not interested in the beer focus that Black Label seems to have, but nice bikes and cruising. Have been looking jealously on films from USA where lots of people just go cruising! Please let me know if your or any other club arrange something like that coming spring/summer in Stockholm!

Back