finding people in your area

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey.
So Im trying to find some new bike builder faces in my area. And finding them on the street is hard. I thought I would try here.
I live in Stockholm Sweden and I'm just calling out if some one here is in my area and would enjoy some building and beer!

If some one else here (not from Sweden) searching for anyone use this page to.
Would have been good if you could search members via country.

On your profile, add in your location. That's the easiest way. Otherwise, marketing schemes could cause problems.

Yes but headhunt every profile to check their location will put me in a stalker file :)
Thought if someone would be interested here in stockholm they could notify me.

It's not like the states where it seems like u all are blessed with a bc on every street.

Looks like you have done it now anyway by adding Stockholm to your location.

It would be awesome to have a world map with markers on it for each member, but it has been looked into in the past and not happened yet, so I am guessing there is a good reason.

Luke.

Agreed Luke!
Would be cool and sad when I see that it's only three of us here in sweden :)
Thought a bc would make the interest grow but people here seems to be occupied with their fixies.

There are a few in Australia, but Australia is such a big place, there are none near each other!
Managed to meet up with another member when we were driving through his town once, so that was good.

Luke.

It sucks if there's no BC in your hometown, but the surest way to fix that is to start one. Stockholm is a big town; i bet you'll find some interested ppl if you put flyers at local bike shops and cafes.

It sucks if there's no BC in your hometown, but the surest way to fix that is to start one. Stockholm is a big town; i bet you'll find some interested ppl if you put flyers at local bike shops and cafes.
Well we have 3 clubs. Fista - wich are a fixie club. Blbc - friends of mine and Crowbar BC - my own club. Problem is the lack of people and interest. That's why I'm shouting out here :)

best way is go to cars shows swap meets & other event aroud you & show you bikes , people don't always just pop up on the streets !

Well I'm sure it might work where you are but my cruiser wouldn't last 2 feet in to our trails. And people would think something was wrong with me if I would show up with a cruiser. It's like bringing ur pedal car to a rally race and all your friends got Subarus, no one wants to play with the pedal car.
I want to keep my interests separated.
And here mtb and road people are way to fixated on their Thing. Cruisers they don't get.

Well I'm sure it might work where you are but my cruiser wouldn't last 2 feet in to our trails. And people would think something was wrong with me if I would show up with a cruiser. It's like bringing ur pedal car to a rally race and all your friends got Subarus, no one wants to play with the pedal car.
I want to keep my interests separated.
And here mtb and road people are way to fixated on their Thing. Cruisers they don't get.

It's like that a lot of places in the USA, too....

Sometimes, you gotta ride to just ride. Aside from pace and terrain, there's no need to get weird about what types of bikes ppl are pushin'....I could easily cruise on my mtb or road bike. Just gotta stay with the pack...

In all seriousness, you're a class act b/c you did the metric conversion for the Swedish fella. :113:

That is too bad about cruisers in Sweden, people here are more open to all forms of biking and there is a lot of cross interest by almost everyone. Since seeing my cruisers a few club members are trying to get their old cruisers back from family member that they gave them to long ago. Many members have vintage road bikes or cruisers. Yes they will think you are a little off taking a cruiser on a mb trail, but I don't care, never did and never will. The first day I went with them on my 1959 full fendered Schwinn and blue jeans they did think I was a little strange. I bent both pedals and destroyed my headset and had to quit after 16 km. That earned their respect. I now have a 1940 cruiser frame bike with a high bottom bracket, 148 MM cranks, motocross handlebars, front drum brake, alloy wheels and 28 x 23 gearing that I trail ride as much as my mountain bike. The other Mountain Bikers really like this bike now and it brings smiles when I use it. I do more pushing than they do when I use it, partly because it weighs 18 kg. Its way harder to trail ride than a mountain bike but a little more fun.

In all seriousness, you're a class act b/c you did the metric conversion for the Swedish fella. :113:
Dude you don't understand it's impossible to ride my cruiser in our mtb terrain. It's like taking a Ferrari in to the unbeaten path.
84e9e8acae1ad9046608a7d9e7d32556.jpg

This is me on the trails
477dfacc7e3fbe9195a8596e18b032ac.jpg

This bike does not ride trails

Back