Fenders vs. No Fenders

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking through photos in the gallery and builds etc... One question i had was why do you choose fenders or no fenders for your rides? Just looking through the before and after thread I see a lot of bike found with fenders that are finished without them. I prefer the fender look myself.
I bought fenders for my Zenith from a member on here. They may be Schwinn, but the worked :D
034-1.jpg

Coll bike! :D My "thing" is only a fender in the back :wink: I'm not really sure why, but it looks cool 8) Here's some pics of my Firestone at my local race track :wink: Figured I'd post them seeing yours there too 8)
083ih.jpg

084lq.jpg

085bl.jpg

086fl.jpg

Nice pics Schwinnray. Glad to see that I am not the only one here that has the racing bug 8) :mrgreen:

Most of my bikes get fenders because I ride in all kinds of conditions and wet roads + no fender = skunk stripe up the back. Even my bobbed fender does it.

none of mine have them, but it's mostly because i'm starting with something that didn't have them anyway. part also from memories as a kid of them being the first thing to start rattling and rubbing. i'm some better at bike maintenace now though, plus it's something i'm wanting to do on a couple things, just for the variety.

well now that i think on it, the occ projects still have the rear fender at least, but i never finished them. they'd keep the fender if i finish, and i'd probaly look for a front also.

I generally go without them. They are the first parts to get damaged, so why not lose them? I have a shelf full of fenders that I stripped off my bike builds. I may use them someday, for the right vintage bike with lots of sheet metal.

Depends on the bike & the look I'm shooting for. I like them fenderless, just the rear fender, or both. I also like them "Skipton Style"!

Skipton said:
I love both ways :D
buildoffbike5031.jpg

But once I put a fender on I can't stop! :lol:
blackbike008-7.jpg

blackbike023-4.jpg

4seasons007-23-1.jpg

4seasons011-20.jpg

has anyone tried those indian style fiberglass fenders? i think i'd like to try them on at least one bike, but they're kinda spendy. plus i'd need two different sizes. i like the look though.

Back