Fender Fitting a Prewar Huffman

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying Zombie

~:Undead Forever:~
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have a side project going with @melancholera while we build up their first full "Rat" from frame up.

The front fender isn't an issue, where we're using a Matching fork and fender up front from CWC but the rear I feel may not be as .. fluid looking in its attachment.

The frame is a '41 Huffman tanker.
Does anyone happen to know the closest fit fender type to a Prewar Huffman frame that isn't Huffman?

Additionally. I hear of guys cutting down girls Cleveland forks all the time. How do they handle the rod situation?

Snapchat-1938383599.jpg

The Ladies Cleveland fork here is one we picked up recently and is simply a Mockup until I source another where this one belongs to a whole bike, yet.

Fz

I have a side project going with @melancholera while we build up their first full "Rat" from frame up.

The front fender isn't an issue, where we're using a Matching fork and fender up front from CWC but the rear I feel may not be as .. fluid looking in its attachment.

Does anyone happen to know the closest fit fender type to a Prewar Huffman frame that isn't Huffman?

Additionally. I hear of guys cutting down girls Cleveland forks all the time. How do they handle the rod situation?

View attachment 248368

The Ladies Cleveland fork here is one we picked up recently and is simply a Mockup until I source another where this one belongs to a whole bike, yet.

Fz

If you cut that beautiful fork you'd need to cut and re-thread the truss rods.

If you cut that beautiful fork you'd need to cut and re-thread the truss rods.
It'll stay whole. Another source has been found for a men's and we'll absolutely go that route where it can be helped. I've only ever modified one original fork in my life and it was because it was split and needed a shim placed inside to fix solid from the out. No biggie. This would mean a total destruction of an original part and ladies or not,. I cannot do it. It took a bit and will cost more but I'd rather have a proper fit men's than a mind full of burden from a hacked women's.

Robin

View attachment 248368

Fz
Extend the fork tube threads, make a new longer higher mount for the truss rods. I’ve done that.
IMG_4088.jpeg

Latest posts

Back