Felt Bicycle Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey felt guys, how do you get the kickstand off? mine has no tension anymore... even coming off a driveway with a little lip it drops and scares the crap out of me
I use a big C-clamp and a box end wrench. Loop the "box end" (enclosed end) of the wrench over the kickstand. Make sure it pushes up against the area where the kickstand goes into the bung for the kickstand. Use your C-clamp to squeeze the wrench so that it compresses the kickstand's swing inside the bung. Even after it compresses a little you can remove the pin (save it) and there you go.

-Gig

I finally got my Felt done. It started out as a New Belgium Fat Tire Ale bike but it had some shipping damage when it showed up so I changed it up a bit. I blew it apart and had it all powder coated black. I swapped out the grips and added a Felt 1903 seat. I still have some things that I would like to do to it but it's good for now.

I bought the fenders off this bike and whoever did the powder coating could teach a master class in that craft.

IMG_0425adj.png

IMG_0419adj.png

IMG_0423adj.png
I finished "YELLow Belly" last night.

Here is the link to my write-up on the bike: http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/yellow-belly.94665/

Will an 80mm rear wheel fit in a felt aluminium frame. Planning on using a thick brick tire on it. Thanks, Dave.

I remember the bike, very nice looking blue with polished wheels. If I remember correctly, his are 26's.

I found the bike on page 22, the guy who owns it only has 8 posts, doesn't seem to be around any more.

It's nice to see a thread I created over 6 years ago is still going strong!

I did a trade last night and picked up this Felt Little ........ I'm really digging it so far. It's pretty much exactly the way I would have built it myself. But will probably still figure out something to do to make it my own.

4bfbeb9bb3deb2d191b7c7a8c5b6a192.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's nice to see a thread I created over 6 years ago is still going strong!

I did a trade last night and picked up this Felt Little ........ I'm really digging it so far. It's pretty much exactly the way I would have built it myself. But will probably still figure out something to do to make it my own.

4bfbeb9bb3deb2d191b7c7a8c5b6a192.jpg

I appreciated this thread. Thank you. That is a really nice bike. If you want to make it yours on the cheap go with valve caps.

Will an 80mm rear wheel fit in a felt aluminium frame. Planning on using a thick brick tire on it. Thanks, Dave.

Dave,
80mmx26" Robs'son Rims will fit on a steel or aluminum frame, but You have to be carefull with tire selection. Im using hookworms with no problem... Ron

Last edited:
2005 Felt Chief with some mods.
IMG_1392.jpg

IMG_1375.jpg

IMG_1377.jpg

IMG_1400.jpg

IMG_1382.jpg
This is the Felt that made me want a Felt and many many Felt's later I may not be able to pass up the next Chief I see or maybe I will just build an Aluminum one. This bike so well done that it still inspires me to this day. Often when I visit this thread I come back to this very bike and wish I had never seen it. I am hooked on Felts now.

Did you really Buy a show room new bike and tear it down?
Umm your awesome !
It was in pretty much showroom condition. I had been wanting to do something with this style frame since it was introduced. I have admit that I like what I am doing with it. The Decipher hydraulic disc brakes just arrived. They will be added soon along with a fat set of Maxxis Holy Roller tires.

- by Gigmata

This is the Felt that made me want a Felt and many many Felt's later I may not be able to pass up the next Chief I see or maybe I will just build an Aluminum one. This bike so well done that it still inspires me to this day. Often when I visit this thread I come back to this very bike and wish I had never seen it. I am hooked on Felts now.

its still one of my favorite bikes i built! thanks for the nice words>

Latest posts

Back