Felt bicycle or Electra?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm new to cruiser bikes and want to buy a new one. I'm interested in the feet forward design of the Electra's,but really like some of the Felt bikes. Is the feet forward easier to ride, or just a look they're going for? Thanks for any help on this, Dave.

Felt are great bikes, but better for smaller riders. Electra are very comfortable and fits big boys better like me.

Felts are really cool looking, and that is the only reason they are in my stable.

Construction on both is top notch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the information. I'll see if we have a felt dealer locally. If not , I'll see if I can get one in Chicago.

ive ridden both and own both, but my felt isnt a cruiser its a racing bmx. that being said, the electra is one of the best bikes i have ever owned because of the construction and ridgidity, and because of the size (im six three) and felt is a great bike for its purpose of going fast down hills. when i ride felt cruisers i feel kind of cramped, like im riding a regular old huffy or schwinn, but alot more solid. either way you cant go wrong theyre both great quality, but if youre bigger or taller id go with an electra.

It's subjective, but as everyone has said, they both make great bikes. I've ridden several models by Felt and Electra and enjoyed riding all of them. I'd be happy to own one of each :). I have two Felt cruisers and a few other bikes with lay back seatposts and different handlebars to open the cockpits and get a little "feet forward" riding geometry. Here's my Felt Tip with one of member slowriderz' custom seatposts and some Electra Attitude bars.

felttiplayback01.jpg

felttiplayback02.jpg

Cheers,
Volt

I'm 6-3 and have a felt, with a lay back seat post stated above, it's super comfy to ride. I'm also referring to the old felts not the new. If you want the old style and live in chi town, search cl.

the12volt said:
It's subjective, but as everyone has said, they both make great bikes. I've ridden several models by Felt and Electra and enjoyed riding all of them. I'd be happy to own one of each :). I have two Felt cruisers and a few other bikes with lay back seatposts and different handlebars to open the cockpits and get a little "feet forward" riding geometry. Here's my Felt Tip with one of member slowriderz' custom seatposts and some Electra Attitude bars.

felttiplayback01.jpg

felttiplayback02.jpg

Cheers,
Volt

Sweet bike, reminds me of a Lamborghini I saw on the net that was done with a felt tip marker.

sharpie-lamborghini-gallardo-15.jpg

I am 6' 4" and just purchased a older Felt El Guapo. It is very comfortable for me to ride, other than the seat hurting my butt. However i have not rode any of Electra's bikes, the only thing I can compare em to is the cheaper Micargi etc bikes that some of my friends have and the Felt is a world apart. Hope this helps

I own both and I prefer Electra over Felt mainly because of the geometry and Electras designs. Although Felt has better wheel sets and tires IMHO,

Does anyone have any olde history,like what year they wereer felt catalogs?i bought a felt Flying Machine and would like to get some info on when they were out etc,thanks AJ

Back