Fat & Sassy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Frame Build

Yeah everybody , I'm still contemplating the way to do it. I will come up with something
cool I hope. :roll: :roll:
I haven't cut it yet. :wink:

Peatbog said:
Doesn't matter, if that is what you like when you build. It's a hobby. On the bike I am making now, I had these grand plans for a three-speed, dual hand brakes in the rear, a drum brake up front and other stuff. I was actually losing interest in the bike because I didn't really want to put all that effort into making cable lugs and guides and such to run all those cables. So I said "Screw it" and I am now just using a coaster brake and single speed. Now it is back to being fun again. I'll still do that stuff to another bike or maybe this one later on, but I am just not in the mood for it now. I just want a fun hobby. When it gets to being "work" I'll do something else.
Ah, I had been wondering why the sudden change with your build! Agree with you though, if it is no fun, why do it? It's a hobby, by definition something you enjoy doing! :D

Luke.

I always try to challenge my self on a build. if I built the same bike over and over
it would get really boring. I don't ride them much , but I do look at them all sitting
there ready if I want to. To me they are like pictures I have painted. I know that is
kinda stupid, but that is the way I feel about what I build. Besides it beats sitting
on the couch. :lol:

How about for the drop outs just docking the curved seat stays a bit and welding the drop outs in similar to the old cwc loop tails, it would look alot better then joining the two uneven tubes together then just welding some drops on the outside.

Normally I see what I'm going to do real quick. I'm debating smashing the 1'' tube flat and then
welding a droupout on the back. Its still in the looking stage and my fabricator with the plasma
cutter is busy , so some cool dropouts are out right now.
Peatbog I'm not in the frame cutting mode just yet. I may cut the stays off and start again on them. :roll:

Back to square one. Didn't like any of that so I will get back to what I did like
and start over.

DSCF0003-58.jpg

Ok got the new stays bent and the bottom one tacked in. I'm liking it better already.
Yeah Lucas I liked the body part, but didn't like the rear triangle. So it gets another chance. :lol:
DSCF0001-161.jpg

Peatbog I should have done them that way in the first place. What was I thinking? :shock: :shock:

Well shoot Now that you said that...If I had run the chainstay straight back and then the seatstay with that
same angle alll the way down it would have looked killer. Oh well I'm out of 1'' tubing for some reason :shock:

Maybe on the next build.

Uncle Stretch said:
Well shoot Now that you said that...If I had run the chainstay straight back and then the seatstay with that
same angle alll the way down it would have looked killer.quote]

Planning ahead for next time already? :D

Luke.

Yeah Luke you stay on top of designs if you dream something up.
Really would probably look like the frames Deven builds. I like them too.

Uncle Stretch said:
Thanks guys. Glad yall like it. Its kinda what I normally do on my frames. So nothing exotic.

Of course I must admit that it looks real good (no question about that!), but on the other hand...it would have put a big smile on my face,if you would have one something exotic/radical. Maybe you weren't ready for it yet. :mrgreen: Just kiddin', Uncle Stretch. Absurd is my middlename. :wink: :D
No really, it has great looks.

Yeah Wimpy, I guess I'm slated to build square boxes rather than hexagons. I am going to do
different in the future or else stop building. This frame will look pretty simple. Not a lot
of wow factor involved. On a scale of builds, if practical is on one end and
extreme is on the other, I didn't even make it to the middle. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back