fantom

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To lock it, you turn the handlebars almost all the way to one side (can't remember which side)and then lock it with the key. It puts the front wheel at an angle that makes it just about impossible to jump on it and ride. Years ago I tried to ride one with the fork locked and every time I tried, I never could get my balance to stay up on it. Thanks!!!

Here is the Blue D completed.

bluedready.jpg

Rides pretty good with the smaller front sprocket. Going to ride it in the Christmas Parade so speed won't be a factor. Thanks!!!

Dang it, I had to change out the front sprocket on this thang!!

sprock.jpg

I knew this sprocket looked pretty when I first saw it. The seller figured it was NOS, but I could see marks on it where it had been mounted before. For $5, I took a chance on it. In the stand, the chain wanted to bind and stick to the sprocket. I thought it might get better after I rode it abit. NOT! It got worse and I was afraid the chain was going to break. So after agonizing over it the day of the first Christmas parade, I decided to change it. It must have been a NOS defect. Maybe stamped wrong or maybe the classic tolerance stack-up? I left work early that day and had about a 30 min. window to change it. So forgive me, I went Wald. It was available. No time to swap cranks either.

bluedfin.jpg

Here is the Blue D as paraded after two local Christmas parades. According to the posted charts, the serial # shows to be a 1950 production. I installed some new Grand Tycoons on it. Didn't want to have a flat during the parade. I was a little disapointed in the repro headlight. It worked great in the stand but gave out after about 2 blocks of riding. Afterwards, I got the multi-meter out and it's got voltage to the bulb but the bulb ain't working. The tail light worked great for both parades. Had lots of fun with it anyway! Merry Christmas everyone and have a safe holiday! Thanks!!!

David

Back