F/F-Harvard,JC higgins,Western flyer-HELP with I.D.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Picked this Harvard & Western flyer up over the weekend.Im going to flip the W/F to someone since it's not really my type plus it's been repainted.
009-4.jpg

010-3.jpg

As far as the Harvard,I heard that it could be a Columbia? It doesn't really look like any Columbia I have seen.maybe early Rollfast?It has the original new departure model D hubs laced into new alum. 700's.I would assume that this had 28" wheels originally.The stem,bars and seat are obviously not og. either.The chain guard also appears to be an add-on since the paint doesn't match,The rest of the bike has nice original paint though.The seat tube has a water transfer decal that reads "Speed & Ease".the headbadge says Harvard-De Luxe made in U.S.A,Serial number under B.B. looks like a "T" then a little somethin next to that that I can't make out then 22942.I'm going to do my research as much as I can on this one and get the original parts hopefully.Any help from fellow members on this would be stellar.I would love to find more info on this.
005-4.jpg

004-6.jpg

003-6.jpg

002-6.jpg

001-7.jpg

An lastly,A friend I have bought some stuff off of before has had this JC Higgins dangling under my nose for over a year and finally decided to let go of her.Really nice shape,needs some TLC but nothing major,he already got the blue re-pop rear rack reflector.Front light and horn still work.
007-3.jpg

006-4.jpg

008-4.jpg

-Kreep-

Way cool score all around...
The Western Flyer might be a bit Plain Jane, but I LOVE that crank on there...
The chain guard on the Harvard works perfectly even if it's not original, looks great...
And finally that J.C. Higgins is Absolutely Beautiful....
Have fun flippin, fixing, and riding....

That Jet Flow is slick! I'd take those later ones over the earlier Colorflow.

The Harvard is definitely Rollfast. They used several ivy league school badges like Harvard, Yale, Princeton, etc.

Well from what I was able to gather the Harvard is in fact a Rollfast(had a feeling).To the best of my ability it seems to be a 1933-1935 Model 106 H.P. Snyder built Rollfast.And the chain guard is Og.-just been painted.
And yea,Im stoked on the Jet Flo :D
-Kreep-

ratina said:
Nice bikes!

Is the frame bent on that Harvard? Looks awfully cramped

Nope,Just they way the frames were made.It is a bit cramped but surprisingly rides pretty responsive.I need to get a long spring ladies saddle and the original bars and stem.I think once the Og. parts are back on it,should ride better.I already have some 28" that I'm going to lace back into the original hubs. Then call her done.I'm assuming my gal is going to claim this one too before I can sell it. :lol:
-Kreep-

Kreep said:
ratina said:
Nice bikes!

Is the frame bent on that Harvard? Looks awfully cramped

Nope,Just they way the frames were made.It is a bit cramped but surprisingly rides pretty responsive.I need to get a long spring ladies saddle and the original bars and stem.I think once the Og. parts are back on it,should ride better.I already have some 28" that I'm going to lace back into the original hubs. Then call her done.I'm assuming my gal is going to claim this one too before I can sell it. :lol:
-Kreep-

Thats good because it looks like a nice bike

Back