Extending Forks....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I was thinking of making some longer forks, I have no welding gear but could get someone to do that for me. Are there any guides that show you how to do it?

Thanks

MrG

Your could always just slip another set of forks over an existing pair. Cut the dropouts off the slid another pair over and bolt it up.

I cut the legs off a 20" bmx and slipped them over a 26" cruiser fork on my Black Rat. Bolted up then JB welded to smooth the joint.

DSCF3516.jpg

Thats so cool, can I have your set of forks? lol ...

Off to find some poor unsuspecting bmx

MrG

Sounds like a plan to me :) .... how much longer are your new set of forks? compared to old ones

I'm presently in the process of welding two forks together to make one extended fork. Nothing complicated, just welding one to the back of the other about a foot of difference.

2njygpd.jpg

These first two photos I just cut a fork in half and spliced in additional tubing. I would recommend sleeving it.
3.jpg

chopper1.jpg

Here I did like redeyerat and extended out cheap mtb suspension forks.
1.jpg

Here again I cut fork in two and used conduit that fit over existing fork tubing.
ratchop.jpg

I pulled some shock forks apart today maybe one way to go, sleeves I will see what I have kicking about the workshop see if I can get a mate to weld them

Of topic but is that a layback seat post?

Thanks for your help

MrG

mrgreen said:
Sounds like a plan to me :) .... how much longer are your new set of forks? compared to old ones

i did measured the difference but i don't remember, a guess would be between 4''-6''.

Back