EVERGREEN PARK BMX TRACK **CLOSED**

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCR

Mouth-Breather
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
This is about 30 minutes from me, I'd never been there when it was open but stumbled upon it at work today and took a few pix.

Looks like some one let loose with a paintball gun on the closed sign a long time ago

IMG_9130.jpg

Could barely make out whats left of the starting gate hiding in the weeds (it's blue)

IMG_9134.jpg

looking into the first turn

IMG_9131.jpg

second turn and the finish is grown up with stickerbushes

IMG_9133.jpg

somewhere back there is turn 3

IMG_9132.jpg

found a couple old pics of the track but all ive seen in person is grown up and sut down

first straight
cdale2.jpg

turn 1
cdale1.jpg

Amazing what a little vegetation can do. :shock:

Too bad it's no longer up and running...kids would probably love riding that track again.

I'm going to guess its been shut down close to 10 years or so ... i've heard a local bike shop looked into reopening it some time back but i believe the insurance/liabilty costs stopped that from what i hear. I dont know if they tried to purchase it or just persuade the city to reopen it though.

sad thing is im finding out there were a couple more tracks somewhat close that have shut down long ago as well. And another that started up and fizzled out not too long ago.

Back