ENGLISH GRAMMAR & SPELLING

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think anyone who puts in their proper location and types their best in a post will not get hammered. Most times I see an international post it comes with a caveat that recognizes that the persons grasp of the English language is admittedly not too good.

Joe

devilduckie said:
Let's not be too hasty. We now have many international posters who may not grasp the language nor have a proper english spell check.

fatkid said:
I'm sure Steve just wants people to try, so as long as it appears that you care, I don't see a problem. Oh, and...

BILLY MAYS IS DEAD, SO CAN WE STOP WITH THE CAPS LOCK AND SUPER PUNCTUATION??!!!!........

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

Thank you for this.

I don't want this to turn into a situation where everyone runs around nit-picking people's posts for errors. I'm sure the experts out there will find problems in every post....even this one. :D

I'm mainly asking people to refrain from posting like they are sending text messages.

I know this will upset the folks here that take issue with anyone telling them what to do, but it helps everyone if posts are clear and easy to understand. If this kind of request upsets you, well, you've got other issues to deal with. :lol: :lol: :lol:

We all make mistakes, let's just make an effort to communicate clearly. :wink:

Thanks to Steve and the rest of you on this forum who try to keep this site appearing we are intelligent.

Just a thought that has helped me. Maybe some of you lacking the 3 R's might want to take advantage of revisiting your local adult night school for a grammer/writing class. It's cheap and you can hone your skills. Maybe even get your GED. Best wishes.

I did see four contractions in the Administrator's original post.
But he is right. Basic spell checks reflect well on everyone.

It was fun to read this topic even though it has nothing to do with bikes and its in the bike talk section. :mrgreen:

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Lazy is a cancer.
People get the wrong idea about "lazy". Lazy, as I see it, is the new "proper" work ethic e.g. "I'm lazy, so I do things right the 1st time" or "Because I'm lazy I try to find the easiest way to do something right" etc. You get the idea! Work is Cancer! Americans lack laziness! :mrgreen:

Cheers!

ENGLISH GRAMMAR & SPELLING

axsepul said:
It was fun to read this topic even though it has nothing to do with bikes and its in the bike talk section. :mrgreen:

That's the benefit of owning the place. ;)

Rat Rod said:
axsepul said:

That's the benefit of owning the place. ;)

You may own the place but we have all the rusty bikes... :mrgreen:

ill try the whole typing correctly idea.......Starting now!
Psssst.
RatRod. The Ebay link's banner has a mis-spelled word. Custom is spelled with a 'C' not a 'K'. :wink:
Barrisfree.jpg

Kota sez,
As long as I can still talk Northern...That would be wicked COOL![/quote]

Absolutely!
If I'm ever up in Mass. we have to have a brew or 3 and talk about bikes. Hopefully we kin unnerstand eech udder.

Looks like we are not the only forum that has had this issue discussed.

Joey Stott · Campbell University
I wasn't trying to offend you, and Lord knows my grammer isn't perfect. However, posts like the one above are difficult to read and distracts the reader from what could be a very compelling argument. As to your last point, grammer is important no matter where you live. It shows intelligence, thoughtfulness, and to a greater degree shows that you care about the words you attach to yourself.
Reply · 4 · Like · Yesterday at 11:10am

Back