ELLIS SPEED SHOP SCHWINN

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I've though about it but I kind of like the rear wheel being the only thing checkered on the bike, got a couple ideas planned though that I think will tie in with "hot rod" look though. 8)

I like your direction on this bike. Tweak it to your liking!!

knocked the post down a bit the other day, spent about half an hour grinding a spot out for the led's, pretty rough right now but it's just got to be big enough to get the flashlight guts in place... plus it was starting to taste bad in the shed.

IMG_0575.jpg

mmm ... dusty

IMG_0576.jpg

58000 some odd pics and my camera breaks .... :roll:

Got a little bit more done but pics will have to wait i guess. Bet I'm getting a new camera for Fathers Day though :lol:

Camera replaced, birthday party tomorrow for my boy, may try to pick up some bikes if I have time but I hope to get the light wired up and chainguard paint finished this weekend. All the time I had tonight was to snap some pics of the light pieces, found my soldering iron but no solder ... more to come ...

Cheapo LED light

IMG_0202.jpg

I prefer these multiple LEDs over the single bulbs

IMG_0203.jpg

They're brighter

IMG_0204.jpg

trimming the fat off

IMG_0205.jpg

battery holder will be stuffed in the light housing

IMG_0206.jpg

the opening i made wasn't too far off either

IMG_0207.jpg

Fun read! Like the plant hook holders for painting! Man the chainring had perfect patina! But I see where you are going, I like it. So many times when I grey prime something, I like the look, the grey brings something, nice job so far!

Thats the same way I did that headlight when I converted it to led. Worked so well bright was well.

Been slammed lately and trying to keep my head above water ... not a whole lot of progress but here's some pics of what I had gotten done ...

hoping to get some black in there too

IMG_0814.jpg

light works

IMG_0808.jpg

not enough to see at night, but I should be seen at night just fine with it

IMG_0810.jpg

thinking about just stickering the thing instead of painting it ... jury is still out though

IMG_0811.jpg

Were you able to get the battery pack in to the housing of that light? Looks clean like the switch right on top of it as well.

Yup its in there, i tried zip ties to hold it in place through those 4 holes left by the mounting bracket but it kept squeezing the batteries out. finally just electrical taped the thing together and tucked it in the bottom, im sure the original bulb is pushing a little bit on it but it still tightens up just fine and the pressure doesnt feel like much. I'm sure it will keep the battery holder from bouncing around in there. If it came with AA's instead of AAA's I don't think it would of fit though.

Sweet light!!!!

Latest posts

Back