Elgin Old Army

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
oldarmy.jpg

I plan on doing an OLD ARMY theme,but with some up-grades(kunker style)

I like where this is headed. Almost call the bike an "Army Scout"

Joe

i dig it thats my kinda build :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Worked on the seat today.The top pan was rusted out on the left side ,so I brazed a new section in and shaped it.
here is the pan being inspected:
seat1.jpg

Then I grafted the lone springs from another seat to the pans:
seat2.jpg

I'll have to find some carpet pad then cover with leather.

Ohhhhh... I know I´m gonna love this build!
Great set of parts... keep the pics flowing! :D

Seat supplies-scrap foam/leather/spray glue/streacher frame
seat3.jpg

Carpet pad foam glued and dicron
seat4.jpg

Dicron glued and shaped
seat5.jpg

After soaking the leather in water,it is striched to fit
seat6.jpg

Waiting for the leather to dry-----

Well, well, well, there´s a technique I´ll be using!
Amazing seat, don´t forget to post how it turns up. This is cool!

That would have gotten the wrinkles out of the seat I just covered! Nice build.

nice job on the seat.

for next time, a little contact cement around the edges works wonders.
if you use the glue, there'll be no need for the stretching device. :)

thats my kind of build gona be a awsum i enjoy your pic :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D

frameteam2003 said:
Cleaned and painted the L shaped seat post---added Jefferson's head , AKA a nickel, to the end of the post.
post.jpg

very cool. does the nickle match the year of production of the bike?
i'll often stuff a penny into the bar end to indicate when i had my hand at said bicycle.

Would be cool to include a 20s or 30s coin something close to the frame's age or a modern 2010 coin for the rat build date---I tryed a 2010 pennie---All I discovered is not to heat a new pennie with a torch!The nickel was too large for the L seat post end all that was left is Jefferson's head---I may buff that off and just polish the nickel end smooth.I also may try and do the same(add a nickel and smooth it )to the Stem clamp bolt head.

Back