Elgin frame mod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Did another Elgin frame mod/gender change. This one received new double top tubes donated by a 60's rollfast 3 speed. Did a little clean up grinding on the frame around the rear drops etc.

Have fun with it BankerRat 8). What's Next??

DSCN0764.jpg

Great is an understatement. Walker is the man and I would HIGHLY recommend him if you are interested in a gender change (bicycle that is). He has some awesome ideas. He asked me what I wanted or was looking for and said "you have carte' blanc" Walker and away he went with his artistic ideas. As you can see, he converted the frame and added a double top bar. Very similar to an Elgin Motorbike with the added second bar being bent! He is not only a good welder, I also had the opportunity to hang with him last Saturday on a ride, hes a great guy too! Awesome stuff Walker. Thank you again my friend - G

He is such a good welder/designer that I thought someone was trying to scam us by posting this in classifieds until I looked closely.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16193

His welds and fabrication are top notch! And no it's not a scam, he did that frame for me on a trade, my plan was to make a motorbike out of it, but I picked up another bike project, ended up installing the engine on another frame, and I can't afford to have that many projects/bikes laying around, you know how it goes! I hope it doesn't offend anyone by offering it for sale, if so let me know and I'll pull it. The frame would make a great board tracker, as the parallel bent top bars give it great lines.

Yes. I did the first one for Hotfoot in trade for some bike stuff over the winter. First version i bent the new top tubes. I met up with BankerRat at Monson and took the second Elgin frame (Deja-Vu), for this one i cut up a 70's Rollfast 3 speed for the tubing, i then cut and welded the tubing to make the bend. made for a sharper angle. The lower tube on BankerRat's is a little lower than Hotfoot's but otherwise they are pretty close.

Looking forward to the next one, although i hope it isn't another blue elgin or i'll start getting confusified.

Latest posts

Back