Electra Rat Fink frame+forks TRADE CONFIRMED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Electra Rat Fink frame and forks

A Rat Fink trike would be crazycool! Since your flames are white (new ones are more black) the cream TBs might look pretty cool on there.

Here's one I found with Google.
rat-trike0.jpg

trike-tim1.jpg

Build it dude! It would be great for all those crazy rides hosted in Savannah!

But there's no pressure, we're just all counting on you. :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Dr. T

Re: Electra Rat Fink frame and forks

Now that looks fun Tank. I don't think I will go that low with the seat though.

I just sold a few bike parts locally and the profit completely covers the cost of the Rat Fink. So that means that I got the Rat Fink for FREE!!!!!!

Re: Electra Rat Fink frame+forks FOR FREE!!! Creme Thick Bricks

Moving some stuff around the shop and decided to try these already mounted creme thick bricks on the Fink.

What do you think?

WP_000438.jpg

WP_000439.jpg

WP_000440.jpg

I like it 8)

I like the cream TBs on there. Since the RF seat and grips are black, maybe use black or orange rims to tie everything together.

I like it!

Build on brother!

Cheers,
Dr. T

Just playing with ideas for now. I wouldn't really say I have started this build yet. Too busy selling off some stuff from my workshop.

I did take that Nexus 7 wheelset off of the CL cruiser I bought. The 26" tires fit, but I would have to spring out the rear end a little to accomodate the wider hub.

I want to mount up a pair of my BOA G's and see how they work. It's possible I would have to cut out the kickstand bracket for those.

Another thing that I want to play with on this is mounting the trike rear end to it.

Thanks for the feedback guys. If I go the creme Thick Brick route, I have 24" wheelset that I got with the bike and I could paint it up any color I want.

After seeing olschbp's Nirve chopper trike, I am leaning towards a Rat Fink chopper trike.

100218_125655.jpg

Re: Electra Rat Fink frame+forks FOR FREE!!! Muscle Fink??

Has anyone ever put a sissy bar and banana seat on one of these frames?
I am wondering what a Muscle Fink would look like?

WP_000438.jpg

Maybe even use one of those big Magic 8 Balls for a wacky shifter knob.

I actually already have one that I gutted to use as a light. It would definitely make for a cool exaggerated Big Daddy shifter.

Photo-0008.jpg

Just found this old ad that Steve had posted a pic of.

ElectraRatFink.jpg

ya gotta put a naner seat on it and make the shifter like a foot taller than the rest of the bike!! 8)

full on roth!!

junknutz1975 said:
ya gotta put a naner seat on it and make the shifter like a foot taller than the rest of the bike!! 8)

full on roth!!

I am digging that idea too. The only problem is, I was thinking of putting a Nexus 7. If I had a 2-3 foot shifter it would slap me in the head. :shock:
Maybe I will go with a 3 speed wheelset I have.

Skipton said:
Nice score!! Can't wait to see it done!

I guess I should move this off of the Fresh Find and actually start a Build thread even though it's nothing but brainstorming at this point.

Nice, wish I could score one for free! My second Electra was a 1st gen RF, I've since sold it but see it all the time now that another friend owns it. Looking forward to seeing this one come together!

Back