Electra Punk to Electra Drunk

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
]This is my first attempt at doing anything other than a tube change. Due to weather I have actually been at this for about three months. My unattached garage is not heated and faces into the wind when open so painting in Denver winter has proven to be tougher than planned.
Testors rattle cans have been the sole source of color and clear for this since the initial intent was to spend about $50-$75 on the rebuild. I am now closer to $200 but it has also become much more than a new paint job and some funny grips. This bike already has between 3000 and 4000 miles on it so a couple hundred extra isn't the end of the world either.

Stripping%202.jpg

Stripped.jpg
First%20coat.jpg
Chain%20guard.jpg

Forks%20getting%20cleared.jpg

with the paint (as thin as it is) on and the clear progressing... time to start thinking about some details
Seat%20Done%21.jpg

Pedal%20mids.jpg

LBS gave me a wrong part # to order so I am stalled on the assembly waiting for a 1" headset (thanks for the misinformation mr LBS guy) from Amazon. Of course it is not available in any color I want so it will be back to rattle can land this weekend. Here is where I am at though.... Enjoy the wonder that was a flat black bike just a few months ago.
Pedals%20Complete.jpg

I know that some will say the fork Decals are upside down... It has been debated on facebook and I agree... It is too late so we all have to live with it. These decals are great but took about 10 weeks to finally deliver... they blamed the USPS.
Decals...On%21.jpg

Yes this next picture is upside down (thus the gravity defying hammer. I flipped it to help my friend figure out what I was doing.
Assembly%20begins%21.jpg
BikeBuild

Very nice job and theme. I am thinking of using that chain guard on the Etrike build if it fits. what are the graphics? just turn the fork around like the wally mart ones!

I want to do an alcohol themed build, but my favorite drink is everclear, and the graphics for it don't remind me of anything I want on a bike, plus people would think I built the bike for the band instead of the drink. Nice job though. That paint is great and good attention to detail with the pedals, etc. Now you need some gold araya rims and purple tires.

I was trying to get Purple and /or gold spokes so I could reuse more parts but still stick with my theme... sadly the custom size of the nexus 3 speed on the 24" rims proved to difficult to source new spokes in a short enough time to hold my attention. I am now going to hand paint a few with paint pens so there are random gold spokes in the mix with the black ones on my existing rims. Colored tires would be great but again the 24" wheeled cruiser has been a bi%#* to source parts near the wheels. something skinnier than the 24 x 3.0 would have been great too since a lot of my rides are above 6000 feet and the extra rolling resistance takes away from just enjoying the ride. I may use some 26" wheels from another bike if they fit but I want this one fully operational before I take apart another ride.

Back