Electra Indy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I test rode this today at a shop up in Urbana, OH

It looks awesome, but between the fenders and the seat, this thing had more creaks and moans than is acceptable for $600
They also had a Relic and a Revil 3 from a couple years ago. Revil 3 was $350 and the Relic was $359

2785875228_7f029f608e_b.jpg

Electra%20Revil%20three%20Speed%20Red.JPG

Cool - thanks! My Ohio travel list mostly used to include BBQ and other restaurants... now it is including bike shops! :D

I travel a lot for work. Once I finish my work inspections i type Bicycle in my gps and all the bike shops pop up on a list. I try to go to at least one on each trip.

I recently purchased an Electra Indy and am very satisfied. The only problem I had with it was a creaky sound coming from the seat. The solution was a drop of oil placed where the nose of the seat is bolted to the wire support. I get a lot of compliments and it is a great conversation starter. Couldn't be happier with it. If you have to deal with a lot of hilly roads I would recommend switching out the hub to a 7 or 8 speed. After all, a 3i is a 3i. If you are young and full of piss and vinegar, the 3i should not be a problem. For a little more retro flair, I added the leather streamers, handlebar bag, dice bell and valve caps and a Nirve chrome retro headlight.

Squeaky Electra seats is a common problem, and easily fixed. Squeaks in the fenders are also easily cured. And yes, it's a shame that for the price, the factory should take care of these things.

I like those Indy's, alot, and personally, I wouldn't bother with an older model that uses a steel frame, and standard crank position. IMO, the newer Electra geometries offer a much better riding position. My wife has an older steel Electra Hawaii, and I recently got her a newer Electra Super Deluxe, with the forward crank and aluminum frame, and she is SO much happier with it, and she can actually ride farther and faster, with it. On the newer frame, the distance between the seat and stem is nearly 3" longer, then the older frame. I never did like the way her old one rode, but if I had to, I can ride her new one all day long without complaining.

siberian said:
Indy now is cancelled.
for new season are Mulholland and Zarape

47451_423983881786_41291981786_5415227_29658_n.jpg

Man, that Mulholland rocks, big time!!! Will they be available in the U.S.? Hmmmm.........I wonder how long it will be until I can find one on the used market.......... :D

The new bikes look nice, but I still prefer the toned down look of my Electra Vince.
If only I replace the struts with a front half of a Monark springer, then Vince would be complete.

Vince1.jpg

GameBent said:
The new bikes look nice, but I still prefer the toned down look of my Electra Vince.
If only I replace the struts with a front half of a Monark springer, then Vince would be complete.

Vince1.jpg

I like the looks of the Vince, too, but If I'm gonna spend a lot of money on a single bike, people better notice it, dangit!

I was really disappointed in the discontinuation of the tank bikes last year....I had wanted a Flying Sue for a while! However, the Zarape has me totally over it. This WILL be my next bike!

IMG_2844.JPG

I do like The Zarape, and the metal emblem on the tank is really sweet! I also like the front disc brake.
However, I'm not crazy about the seat, but that's an easy fix. I'd also change the color of the rims.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the seat....I'm really into kitschy Mexican culture, Guadelupes and whatnot (much to my Mexican wife's disdain, lol). I'm thinking those brakes are only for the Euro market, but we shall see....

GameBent said:
I do like The Zarape, and the metal emblem on the tank is really sweet! I also like the front disc brake.
However, I'm not crazy about the seat, but that's an easy fix. I'd also change the color of the rims.
The seat is outstanding :lol:

The Indy was good looking bike :(

Rooski said:
GameBent said:

Vince1.jpg

I like the looks of the Vince, too, but If I'm gonna spend a lot of money on a single bike, people better notice it, dangit!

http://chopperdome.nl/news/317/90/346_Vince Vince has been one of my favorite bikes, glad the tankframe serie continues

Back