Electra Cruiser rebuild 2015

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just picked up a $25.00 project on Craigs. Looks to be all original but pretty well weathered sans chainguard. Plan to paint and install new bottom bracket, headset and whatever else as the build progresses. I purchased a wheel set several months back and they came with Kenda Flame 3" tires. I used the wheels for a different build and have had no use for these really wide tires since I didn't have a frame to fit them with until now. The Electra frames have a lot of tire width room and the photo below shows the rear on as a test fit and it just clears the frame and chain. First step is to break her down and strip the awful original paint.

I have a few electras, ill tell you I tried to strip the "finish" on one. I quit when I figured its powder coat. the stripper I was using wasn't budging it. im curious how you make out. maybe it was the stripper I have.

I have a few electras, ill tell you I tried to strip the "finish" on one. I quit when I figured its powder coat. the stripper I was using wasn't budging it. im curious how you make out. maybe it was the stripper I have.

The stripper worked great for the forks. Melted the paint right off.

Latest posts

Back