Electra Bicycle Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the rims are from ChopperUS.com They only had silver earlier this year when I ordered and I couldn't wait, so I had the silver ones powder coated. Someone asked about an offset spocket: nope, standard sprocket. Eight speed hub? I imagine it would fit. Dunno, never seen an eight. Only seven, four and three.

Nexus has an eight speed hub, mostly found over here on citybikes. Juicy fat hubs they are, but I just don't see the point when they also have the seven speed ? I hardly ever get beyond fifth gear anyway :lol:

No Talent Clown said:
Yeah the rims are from ChopperUS.com They only had silver earlier this year when I ordered and I couldn't wait, so I had the silver ones powder coated. Someone asked about an offset spocket: nope, standard sprocket. Eight speed hub? I imagine it would fit. Dunno, never seen an eight. Only seven, four and three.
Thank you thank you thank you!!!! Ive been eyeing up those rims for months but was worried about the chain clearence. I didnt want to take the chance of messing up a perfect bike but i love those fat rims!! Awesome i'll be gettin the black 2.5 rims as soon as they come in.

anyone know where to get black triple clamp forks for an electra? mine didnt come with one, but id like to find one with a disk brake adapter on it for my Delivery8

paulius1120 said:
No Talent Clown said:
Thank you thank you thank you!!!! Ive been eyeing up those rims for months but was worried about the chain clearence. I didnt want to take the chance of messing up a perfect bike but i love those fat rims!! Awesome i'll be gettin the black 2.5 rims as soon as they come in.

Ithink 2.5" is the limit for not needing the offset sprocket. A friend of mine has a 3" wide wheel and the whitewall was getting chainmarks on it until he got the offset (although he may never have noticed with a black tire! :roll: ).

r8h0xu.jpg

Wow, that's a great finish, wel done 8) all it needs is a RRB sticker on the chainguard :mrgreen:

These frames have about 2" longer wheelbase compared to the later ones, Electra should never have changed them.

you are right they should have never changed it, but then again, maybe this is one of the later modern frames that has become sort of a youngtimer in bikeland, in a few years it could be in the classic range. :lol: :lol:

the "ratrodbikes" sticker would be a nice option yes,
funny that no one has mention that one yet in my litle "not for hire" contest.
I'll just wait and see what people come up with.

Another of my Straight 8

While the bike is still stock (don't worry, I'm working on it!), I thought I would post one more shot of my Straight 8...
straight8.jpg

Hello

need some advice,,,,getting my first cruiser and have narrowed it down to either an Electra Vince or an Electra Sparker. Which should i go for?

Back