ELECTRA AMSTERDAM BALLOON 8D

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I've wanted one of these since they came out a couple of years ago, but could never justify spending the $660 MSRP they asked.

This past week one showed up on the CL for $350 so I inquired about it and the lady responded saying it was still available.

She said it was one of those toys her husband "HAD TO HAVE" and only ended up riding it four times so it was in mint condition.

This is actually THE LAST thing I needed to spend money on right now, but I figured I had to jump on it while I had the chance.

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

Eye candy... :mrgreen:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m130/ratrodbikes/Amsterdam/1600/DSC_0021.jpg
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m130/ratrodbikes/Amsterdam/1600/DSC_0025.jpg

Time to sell some stuff. :lol:

Problem is: I don't see ANYTHING that you need to change! :mrgreen:

SCORE!

Classy beautiful score!
I am VERY jealous!!!

It's funny...I did own one of these Townie Ballooners before, but i could never get into the gray color or the frame design.

It always felt like I was riding a stationary exercise bike around the neighborhood. :lol:

DSC_0015.jpg

I always compared it to the Amsterdam Balloon 8D and thought...that's the bike I'd really rather have.

It's hard to beat Electra's build and ride quality...they just glide along smooth as glass and are silent.

Look at it this way. The Franks are $100, so you got the bike for $250 (or less).

The bike actually came with a black Electra rear rack and a black headlight too, but I yanked those off to keep it lean and clean. :wink:

Great Find. I had to have an Amsterdam 3 and bought it on the spot. Didnt think the enclosed drive train would be a problem until I had a couple of flats. What a pain it was to change. These are sweet roadsters, ENJOY 8)

I think they made this model in 2009 - 2010.

I was concerned about the weight before I went to check it out since it had a steel frame.

The first thing I did when I got there was grab the top tube and lift it up and I was pleasantly surprised by just how light it was.

I guess all of the alloy components and wheels really keep the weight down.

Cool ride Steve. Looks like a mini Pashley Guv'nor! Sure to be a attention getter riding around. Thanks for saying how much it ran. I know sometimes guys don't put down what they paid due to resale but it's good to know if I am paying way too much for a bike. I just paid in the 350 range for one and I think it was worth it for me. Good deal. Brian

Hooch said:
I liked my Amsterdam at first but after awhile it just felt like it wasnt me..... I need some rust and scratches! lol

Yeah, but you found the girly one with the skinny tires, fenders and chainguard. :lol: :lol: :lol:

005-10.jpg

For some reason I never could get into the enclosed chainguard look.

Not sure why, but it just seems like something they would put on a girls bike to keep skirts from getting caught.

Nice find. I think you should sell your Coppertone to pay for this. :wink: :wink:

Rat Rod said:
For some reason I never could get into the enclosed chainguard look.

Not sure why, but it just seems like something they would put on a girls bike to keep skirts from getting caught.

Keeps the chain nice and clean. No dirt and grime when ridden on rainy or snowy days. :wink: :wink:

1219081709.jpg

Latest posts

Back