EL Grande Choppa w/ pic's

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OUTLAW said:
kota, yep, i seen it before but can't remember who did it. since i won't be able to put a brake on the rear due to wide tire thought i would try the freewheel brake. looks fun.lol

Outlaw :)

You can put a brake on there. Just need a bolt-on spacer to position the caliper where it needs to be. Install wheel/tire, position the caliper over the rotor, and measure the distance between the frame and caliper...then make an adapter.

oh boy and ruin my fun.lol just think i'll stick with the front brake, it's danger time.lol

well all, i sold my house tonite, sooo i start packing and have to be outta here by the 20th. all work is now stopped till we get into our new place. hopefully by x'mas. i'll be looking in to see what is going on. later.

Outlaw :D

well this is now april and we still are not in our house. hopefully by the end of this month. been along time and lots of bad weather to slow us down. also we are over buget so building a shop is out for awhile. hopefully i'll get back to this build. just a little info for ya all. have been lurking to see what your all up to. later

well we are now in our house. still lots of things to do. won't be working on bikes yet. money is short as alot of you know. what else is new. will be awhile till i can build a shop. haven't seen alot of Burritos being built? well just wanted to let ya all know i'am still here and watching. there is aot of nice builds going on. keep up the great work. later. :)

Outlaw

ok, i just like too see this up front and keep everyone looking. :lol: i put a note in bike talks about anything goes bike build. i am so bad. :roll: well will be ordering my lumber next week to start building my shop. yippie. :shock: well thats about all the harassing i'll do tonite. better watch out this bike is coming soon. :eek: .

Outlaw :mrgreen:

ok ok. getting my gravel Fri. morn. and will start the base to put the gravel in to hold the shop up. so things are looking up.

Outlaw :lol: :lol:

the shop is up. I did give most of my stuff away to a friend across the street. he is into motors on bikes. soooo, EL Grande Choppa will be getting a total make over. we have a 49cc yamaha engine from a scooter that will be going in and no peddles on this just the engine. we will be tearing the scotter apart today to get the engine out and anything else we need to use. so this is the last post for this. I'll start a post in motor bikes and the new name will be:

EL THUNDER

I really want to see how you handle the chain clearance.
I want two of those tires for Fugsley!!!!!!!

What kind and size is the rear tire? I can make out Dunlop and Qualifier but am missing the third word. Was there any modification needed to run it on the OCC rim? What kind of tube are you using?

TIA,
JohnThomas Sorrels

john, I don't have the bike here right now. will have it tommorow so I'll look to see what your missing. the tire is 16"x130mm. am using the schwinn tube for the 4'" tire. it was a little hard to get on the rim. took a little bit to pass into the rear end but has some clearance. it is a motorcycle tire that I got used form a place called re cycle. if you want this type of tire just go to your harly dealer and see if they won't give the tire for free. mine is worn some but for what it will be used for it's fine. will send you the rest of the info later. thanks.

Re: EL Grande Choppa

OUTLAW said:
nope, just a standard 4 in wide stingray chopper rim using the standard tube. yep, that is a big bad tire.lol. can ya guess what i am building or ya all are waiting for the pic's of the mockup? come on all, take a guess.

Outlaw
is that a motorcycle tire then?
cause thats not a stock 'new stingray tire..

I picked up a bunch of FREE Harley tires today and took some measurements.

Can you please post the full factory size info of your rear tire along some measurements?

For example the tires I am putting on Fugsley are:
Two Harley Davidson Dunlop D402F MT 90 B 16 72H and it's dimensions are:
Inside Diameter = 16"
Outside Diameter = 25"
Outside Width (bead to bead) =3"
Outsude Width = 5"

Also,check out the tire mounting jig I made for Fugsley with a little redneck engineering. The second side of the the tire popped on in less than 2-3 minutes with no tools at all!

Photo_A686F91A-F3F5-0F70-1955-3C18EFB7DB7F.jpg

HEY B!! WHEN YA PUT IT ON AND CLEAN IT HOW ABOUT MAKING THE LETTERING WHITE. THAT WOULD BE SICK!! WOW THAT'S A BIG A** TIRE...GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

that looks good. sorry, I have been out of town so can't getr to the tire yet. as soon as I come back I'll do what I can.

Outlaw

PS: THIS BUILD IS DEAD. PLEASE SEE BIKES WITH MOTORS FOR A REVAMP OF THIS BIKE. LOOK FOR EL THUNDER AND SEE A BAD BOY BEIN BUILT.

THANKS

Back