El cheapo snow bike boots

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooh...now that you mention it, I'm sure I have at least one of those under-the-bottom-bracket units laying around. That might be enough to prove the concept, but I'd really rather try a dyno hub--36 spoke preferred. If you happen to stumble on one, let me know. Meanwhile, I'll poke around here.

Sadly, I was offered a free Raleigh touring, so equipped, not long ago, but declined because pick-up was a little more distant than my liking. <sniff>

I think I might have a hub. I had a bunch of them and tossed at lest 3 away. If I have one you are welcome to it. All it would cost is shipping. If you are interested I could look through my junk. I keep tossing stuff away as I am going to be moving in the next year and downsizing. May or may not have one? I might also have a wheel driven unit, but I tossed out 3- 4 of them last summer so I might not have kept one of these either.
Everything I looked for has been sent to the recycler. When searching I noticed I have a lot more stuff to get rid of, moving soon.

The boots are a great success. The new bottoms have not delaminated after almost 200 miles of winter bike riding. The only issue is that they are slippery when I have to push a steep uphill. Pushing is something that I don't have to do much of so the sticky bottoms are way better than the old snow gripping treads I cut off. I really like how they work, no more having my foot slide forward, or off the pedals for that matter. I got this idea from reading on the net how snow bikers in Alaska were taking snow pack boots and glueing 5-10 resole kits onto the bottom of the pack boots. The old worn out walking shoe bottoms are pretty close as far as grip and free. Here they are in action with electric sox and gloves as well as my usual winter riding bomb suit (shoulder pads, snow board padded compression shorts, snow board helmet, elbow pads, knee pas and shin guards).
15781155_10210532010729441_1026546965800048038_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back