Easy way to help RRB

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you have seen some of the notes saying one way you can help support the Rat Rod Bikes site without it costing you anything is to use the Ebay links from the RRB site to browse for items or buy things on Ebay. Not just bikes either - but anything you search for or eventually buy on the Ebay web site counts.

I found one easy way I could remember to do that any time I was going to look for something on Ebay. I went to the Rat Rod Bikes site first and then I saved the link as a web browser favorite. As I saved it, though, I renamed it from "Rat Rod Bikes" to "Ebay via RRB".

That way any time I wanted to go to Ebay I would look for the link in my favorites and click on it - which took me to RRB first and I could then click on one of the Ebay links to jump from there over to Ebay.

So that was an easy way for me to keep from forgetting and going directly to the Ebay web site instead of going there through the RRB site.

So I thought I would pass the idea along in case others of you want to setup a similar link in your browser favorites. :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the great tip, I too seldom remember till after I make a purchase

Wow, the bidding on that mask was insane. Who in their right mind would pay that kind of money for a latex mask!

I think you could pay an artist to create you a similar one - one of a kind - for a lot less than that. :D

The crazy thing is if you look at the bidding history it went from $50,000 all the way up to $700,000 - and then kept going up from there.

The other funny thing is the top bids. Can you imagine bidding $999,800 on an item - and then have someone else outbid you by $100. :lol:

Sounds like my Ebay bidding luck!

Ha Ha...yeah, no kidding.

I think that auction was bid up that high as a joke.

Kinda like Luke Duke's General Lee that time. :lol:

Rat Rod said:

Haha, yeah. Maybe! My brother told me a story about a bunch of guys bidding crazy numbers on a used "Hello Kitty" pink backpack on eBay just for giggles. :lol:

I'm guessing you would have to change your Ebay ID at that point - if you bid even as a joke and then didn't follow through.

And of course that also means the seller would have to pay some crazy fee to Ebay on the sale - $100,000 or something. :roll:

All pretty funny, though.

schwinnmesa said:
Rat Rod said:

Haha, yeah. Maybe! My brother told me a story about a bunch of guys bidding crazy numbers on a used "Hello Kitty" pink backpack on eBay just for giggles. :lol:

Funny you should say that, there are some rabid HK fans out there! Earlier this spring, there were several of these-
HK1.jpg

that sold for $300+, even though they were $199 new. I found out they're actually halfway decent instruments, so I bought this one. Tongue in cheek, of course. And I tuned it really low, and only play doomy metal on it. (and I didn't pay no 3 bills fo' mine!) :mrgreen: :lol: -Adam

RatRodDad said:
Wow, the bidding on that mask was insane. Who in their right mind would pay that kind of money for a latex mask!

I think you could pay an artist to create you a similar one - one of a kind - for a lot less than that. :D

The crazy thing is if you look at the bidding history it went from $50,000 all the way up to $700,000 - and then kept going up from there.

The other funny thing is the top bids. Can you imagine bidding $999,800 on an item - and then have someone else outbid you by $100. :lol:

Sounds like my Ebay bidding luck!
There is another (or same mask) up for bidding using the exact same description but by a different seller, so I am sure something odd is going on.

Latest posts

Back