Earthscraper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I started with a Centrix 26 inch cruiser like this..
th

Then, using a 26 inch back half off of a mountain bike with a shock to get the extension. I removed the sprocket arms and bolted the back half on to where the back wheel should be. I then cut the down tube and neck off of another mountain bike, the I cut the neck in half. I took the end of the down tube and oval shaped it, drilled it and put it where the shock mounts on the mountain bike back half. I took the neck of the down tube and mounted it on the seat post tube. I lowered it up front my cutting a piece of angle iron in two, and cutting part of a back half off and bending it for support. It measures 7 foot and 8 inches long. After all of this, it's resulted to this..
907_577630072250417_195664540_n.jpg

Now, I've still got to break it down and paint it and order some new tires, and do a few odd and end things to it. Let me know what you all think about it!

Re: Centrix Earthscraper

Awesome bike, love this and the tall chopper you have.

+1 on the banana seat if you ever get sick of that rack... Racks are handy though... Could mount it above the front wheel instead and whack a banana on?

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
Awesome bike, love this and the tall chopper you have.

+1 on the banana seat if you ever get sick of that rack... Racks are handy though... Could mount it above the front wheel instead and whack a banana on?

Luke.
Thanks. And I've been considering a banana seat, but the only thing is, if I do the way I want it I think I'll have to give up my large ape hangers. I'd really like to put it over the back wheel or somewhere close to the back wheel if I use a banana seat because of the stretch. How would you recommend to do it? I've got the stock bars still, and I think they'd look decent. If I could make it look good, I wouldn't mind giving up the rack and the ape hangers.

I think I've figured out a way to do a banana seat. I could take the seat post out and lay the tip of the banana seat over it and make some type of bracket to hold it up front. Then I could make a mount for the back so I could lay the back of it as close to the tire as possible.
What do you guys think??

The only sissy bar I have extra is a short one. I've got a tall one, but I'm using it on another bike. However, I could possibly try a short sissy bar and leave the ape hangers. I'd really hate to have to lose the ape hangers, because like you said, they fit the bike.

i like it better this way, just my opinion. im not a fan of big apes. i still think it could use a nanner seat. again,just my opinion.

X-RAY said:
i like it better this way, just my opinion. im not a fan of big apes. i still think it could use a nanner seat. again,just my opinion.
I'm still giving the banana seat some thought. I just didn't like how the back felt like it was too long.

Centrix cruisers- can't beat a project foundation that you can pick up cheap. Here's pics of my centrix stretch project- cut and moved back the seat tube, connected a budget mtn bike suspension rear and bent some apes to make it reachable and comfortable- I am leaving the old bb on to connect a suicide shifter and going to weld one up higher and forward.
Keep on imaging and building!
StretchProject.jpg

CentrixStretch001.jpg

CentrixStretch002.jpg

Back