Earth Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Had a good friend pass away a couple of weeks ago. Great guy full of stories and love of life. His wife calls me up last week and asked me if I want "Fluffy's" old bike? I didn't even know he had one. I said of course I would be honored to have it.

Turns out its a very early Earth Cruiser. The paint is shot but it rides like a dream. I'm not going to change a thing on it, just ride and enjoy.

It has a crazy band brake on the rear. I have never seen one like it. I work on a lot of Earth Cruisers in the shop and haven't had one come in yet with one.

tn.jpg

bandbrake.jpg

Sorry for your loss, good friends are more precious than gold.

I'd do the same thing, get on and ride it, remembering Fluffy every time you do.

That rear brake looks like a band brake from an electric scooter (or similar), it functions essentially like a typical drum or roller brake setup. It looks pretty large, like 90 mm or more, can probably stop pretty quickly (if operating correctly).

In any case, enjoy the ride, remember the stories.

Ride on Fluffy!

Cheers,
Dr. T

I agree...wouldn't change a thing. It's hard to lose a close friend, I know because I lost one a couple of years ago. You never saw him without a smile on his face, so of course his nickname was "Smiley". Miss and think of him everyday. Sorry for your loss.

So sorry to hear of your friends passing..I'm so glad you have something to remember him bye..I'm sure it found a great home..ride it and remeber him.. :D

Sorry about your loss.
As a fan of Earth Cruisers, you've scored a nice one. The 5 speeds are hard to come by!
Enjoy!

Back