Early frame ID help?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

I picked this up over the weekend with zero information along with another very early, very rough frame. Any help would be appreciated. Not sure what the plan is, it has some damage and may not be worth saving. Would like to find out what it might be and maybe that would help decide what to do with it. The serial number is on the BB, around the circumference, not horizontal across. It is 38953-7-1 (last digit could also be a 4, obscured by brazing blobs). There is also an 8 in the center of the BB. Just realized I don't have a picture of the whole frame. Doh. Any help appreciated!

Yeah, sorry about that. I will have to take some at lunch. I'll get them up this afternoon. Sorry!

Okay, here is the whole thing. Poor old thing needs some help, haha. Distinctive bends on the truss rod tops, but that's really all. Any help much appreciated.

The long headtube is unusual, I'm thinking this is a "tall" model. Those were most commonly sold by Mead, I think they were built by Schwinn. On the other hand, the flared joint on the second tube looks a bit like the ones used on Westfield/ Columbias. You may have better luck posting on the Cabe forum. -Adam

Thanks for the suggestion. I put it up over there and I am doing what research I can. Ill update this if anyone comes up with anything.

Back