dumpster diving finally paid off

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...sort of...

I've been looking through a public dump for a couple weeks now, and I've seen nothing but wrecked mountain bikes.

But the other night I FINALLY found something interesting. When I first caught a glimpse of it I thought it might be a schwinn musclebike or something. Check it out

firecracka.jpg

This is some off-brand muscle bike from the 70's. After looking at it the next day I realize that I should have just left it, even though I did get some parts from it.

cheater.jpg

It has some awesome 20" cheater slicks and nylon "action tread" tires. But I dont really have any use for these so if anyone would like them just say so. Take note that they are very dry-rotted.

Dude...PARTS IS PARTS

sprocket, seat, shifter, goose neck,chainguard, seat post etc etc etc. :mrgreen:

New sissy bar, handle bars and a pedal, you're ready to ride in your towns Independence Day parade. Too bad it's not in better shape it's pretty cool. I've used that sprocket and shifter on a couple of my bikes.

I really like the muscle bikes. If I were to collect one genre of bike it would probably be the muscle bike.

Cool

Hey cool 1976 bike. Definately got some parts you can use, sell, or trade on that one. The Mag sprocket is killer.

Markm said:
I need one BADDDDD!(slick) I'll trade ya somethin
I would like to, but they are really rough. But they still look cool, I will give them to you if you want to pay shipping.

Again, if anybody wants anything off this bike, just say so. The only things Im keeping is the stick shifter, grips, and neck.

I'll take the tires, just let me know about shipping. How much for the front sprocket? Thanx, Mark

your so lucky, I would have fixed and RODE I LOVE IT!!!, well i gotta go off 2 my first tigers game! WOOT GO DETROIT!!

that chain guard is great, i would just clean it and hang it on a wall or something... very fun.

raised by robots said:
After looking at it the next day I realize that I should have just left it, even though I did get some parts from it.

Chain, pedals, tires and bars and BUMPAH its rideable. I'd give my left nut for something that whacky-cool!

man you guys are making me feel bad! :lol:

But I definately know why I took this heap home... its really cool. BUT im a poor college student, and I already have other projects to worry about. Pictures dont tell, but this thing is pretty out of shape. If I did want to just ride it, here is really what it needs:

handlebars (duh)
chain
pedals
sissy bar
brake levers
brake cables
new rims front and back (about every spoke is loose and bent, If a full sized person rode on these they would collapse)

But thanks for the encouragement guys! It wasn't exactly easy explaining to the girlfriend why this thing was in the trunk of my car..."but it's got racing slicks!

dont crush it

OK, you should reaserch that bike before tearing it apart. it could be one of very few. from the looks of it could be a rider or at least hang it on the wall. i love schwinn's but there are other bikes out there kinda like theres blondes, brunettes and red heads. remember "its art" just have to know what to do with it...

its ok

the one thing i noticed here is passion, opinion and love for what we do. take it in stride someone else will do the same thing. were all brothers / sister going for the same goal..... have fun!

Back