DRAG-ON

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Found this industrial sage green, 1954 CWC on the bay for a fair price. I tore town my muscle bike entry from last year, the Blue Dream for most of its parts. Mainly the seat, handlebars and crankset will be used. I also chopped its frame into pieces for its usable bits. It has been welded on and has a slight kick in the back, which will get straightened up. It will become a different creation after this build.
IMG_3983.jpeg

Last edited:
CWC means Matti likes already. I don't know if it's possible to make a bad looking version on those bones
Yeah I think it’s going to be fun. It was nice to find this frame. My first frame away from cantilevered. Such a nice look with the arching back legs. I have a few visions for this frame after the build off. And 1954, Cleveland Indians were killers, except in the World Series. 💪🏻

I’m looking to do my first Class 2 build in 2024. I’ve been stalking a well priced welder, and I just pulled the trigger. Toolium 135A. $122 and has a $15 coupon attached. I’ll give it a go for 120 bucks! Just wanted to share in case someone was wanting to try their hand at welding, without being too deeply invested. Overnight free shipping and good reviews. We’ll see what I get.
IMG_4064.png
IMG_4065.png

I’m looking to do my first Class 2 build in 2024. I’ve been stalking a well priced welder, and I just pulled the trigger.
That's cool, 3 in 1. It's nice to have options. I suspect you'll be using the mig most. There are some good welding channels on YouTube. Welding is fun. I've been welding for a while now but not that much and I'm still not very good at it but it opens up a lot of build options. Have fun!

That's cool, 3 in 1. It's nice to have options. I suspect you'll be using the mig most. There are some good welding channels on YouTube. Welding is fun. I've been welding for a while now but not that much and I'm still not very good at it but it opens up a lot of build options. Have fun!
I think I’ll be doing the Tig. But I will try them all. Ive done Some oxy-acetylene welding a long time ago. It will probably be a while before I get to play with it, but I couldn’t pass on the price. I think Tig welding would be best on the brazed frames, so not to melt the braze when welding near it. I think the welder will be here today.

I’ve been stalled on Drag-on for the last month. September 1 I went to work with the “I’m gonna quit or they’re gonna fire me” mentality. I got fired. 🤣 But recently (this week) started at another shop with increased pay and less work. Though I am financially ok at the moment, I hate to spend money when I don’t have it coming in. Also went from a weekend shift to a 4-10’s work week. Limited time to build but more time with the wife. Always a bit of a “give and take” situation while searching for balance in life.
IMG_4085.jpeg
IMG_4483.jpeg

I’ve been stalled on Drag-on for the last month. September 1 I went to work with the “I’m gonna quit or they’re gonna fire me” mentality. I got fired. 🤣 But recently (this week) started at another shop with increased pay and less work. Though I am financially ok at the moment, I hate to spend money when I don’t have it coming in. Also went from a weekend shift to a 4-10’s work week. Limited time to build but more time with the wife. Always a bit of a “give and take” situation while searching for balance in life.
View attachment 249665View attachment 249666
Sounds like you’re making some lemonade 👍

View attachment 249665View attachment 249666
Everything is working in your favor 🙏

Latest posts

Back