DRAG KING ___Raceliner Dragster___

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's one of the rat trap pedals. I don't know what vintage they are, but they fit with the '60's racing vibe that I'm going for!
100_6969_zps472d873b.jpg

Your pedals are indeed from the 60's, they're called ATOM's made in France. Love this build!

Thank you to all of the soldiers out there. It's Memorial day here in America but my gratitude goes out to all soldiers around the world that fight against tyranny and oppression where ever occurs. :41:

THANK YOU! From the Vets in Eastern MT!
Cheers

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

AMAZING!!:eek: Thanks for the pic. Your bike is really becoming epic now, Ive seen a few jeralds up close so I know how shweet they are, but thanks for the pic offer:happy: That skinny tire looks perfect what that 20 spoke layout. Kickstand is cool too, but how about some quickjack tabs and a race jack stand?:grin:

There's a lot to sort out, but here goes...

There's a few bikes in the build off (and this one is right at the top), that I made up a slogan for.

"WILL YOU PLEASE STOP POSTING STUFF I CAN'T STOP STARING AT"

Nice!..Nice!..Nice!
Nice being a the top of your list...Thanks!:D
LOOK KIDS!! it's a Rat Rod Bike...:cool2:
Rat's where it's at!:grin:
Your drag bike is wearing leotards. Get it? I kill me.

but seriously, I have some pedals that look similar, but they are 9/16" thread. I'm thinking of drilling and re-tapping my 1/2" cranks so I can use them on my B09 bike.
Gotta keep some girl stuff!;) Check on some adapters for you pedals, a 1/2" reverse tap would probably cost more than the pedals, crank and adapters combined!
Your pedals are indeed from the 60's, they're called ATOM's made in France. Love this build!
Man, you know your vintage gear! Of course I'm sure that you have several of them in your bottomless stash.:)
I see a huge market for this seat post, which could be adapted to many frames; not just this frame.

I would definitely buy several.
That's a thought, but it wouldn't be at all adjustable the way I'm making this one.
THANK YOU! From the Vets in Eastern MT!
Cheers

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Thanks for your service! It's much appreciated.
AMAZING!!:eek: Thanks for the pic. Your bike is really becoming epic now, Ive seen a few jeralds up close so I know how shweet they are, but thanks for the pic offer:happy: That skinny tire looks perfect what that 20 spoke layout. Kickstand is cool too, but how about some quickjack tabs and a race jack stand?:grin:
Your welcome, I don't mind taking pix!:D

Well, you have forced me to show one of my cards early.:( The kickstand is only for holding the bike up at the prefered height until I get past the mock ups. A race stand is exactly what I have planned for later after I get the bike standing on it's own. Great minds...;)

That's OK, I still have a few more cards left!:grin:

I found some light weight tubing in the form of a folding stool at a thrift store that was just what I needed for the traction bars.
It was similar to this...
41zyQq6isGL._SY300_.jpg

After cutting the lengths with a tubing cutter, I drove a nut into the ends and got them welded in so that I can bolt in the heim joints.
100_6906_zps216e319f.jpg

I'm undecided on whether to keep the welds as is, or try to smooth them up.

Good point, it is after all a RATROD! Got to work on getting it to the drag strip, not the show room!:showingbiceps:
Its a pointer from someone with mild bike ocd :crazy: You should definitely clean the welds up if you want, we still got lots of time till the strip opens:grin:

O.K., I'm sure everyone's tired of seeing the step by step of the seat pedestal, But I felt the need to show the last piece welded in place to show how it will bolt to the seat rails. I had intended on boxing in the clamp piece to give it strength when the bolt is tightened, but have since decided instead to insert a short section of a seat post for it to tighten against. In that way, I could potentially use a normal seat post and another clamp for extra height adjustment if for some reason it became necessary.
100_6985_zps74150145.jpg

Looking good TRM!
I never get tired of the step by step stuff!
It always good to see what's going on behind the scenes with no veil of secrecy or black magic when sometimes such cool details just seem to magically appear. Awesome stuff!
:113:
Totally agree!

Luke.

Latest posts

Back