Drag Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just can't justify going to pay several hundred dollars for a stretch cruiser & then not even getting to do anything to it so I'm going to just build one. I have a trike kit for it also but I think instead of using it I'm going to go for a drag bike feel. I really had to stretch the back of the frame out to fit that 26" x 3" tire in there.
P6280001-1.jpg

is that a tandem? i have that frame but not tandem. never seen one as a tandem. looks good.

Outlaw

That frame has a nice flow to it, and it's cantilever to boot. I was trying to read the headbadge. Western Flyer?

It's coming along. Not sure if I'll leave the seat where it's at or move it up into the swooped down area. I have no idea on color yet either. I would also like to make a fake nitrous bottle to mount on it & maybe wheelie bars
P6300001.jpg

Such cool frames. Move the cranks forward and put the seat in the lower tube. Original Burrito.

Yeah I thought about moving the crank & seat forward but it doesn't look much like a drag bike then. Any ideas of what I can use to look like a nitrous bottle?

rusty513 said:
Yeah I thought about moving the crank & seat forward but it doesn't look much like a drag bike then. Any ideas of what I can use to look like a nitrous bottle?

Try going to a metal recycling yard. Sometimes they have old co2 tanks. Or you could always use a Heinken mini keg

I wish I could weld cause I like the look of that bike. Yeah I'd like to put an 80cc motor on it but I've had 2 bikes with those motors & they just don't last.

I like the look of the bike.
For the nitros cylinder. How about an empty coolant bottle from an old fridge? Don't know if you'd be able to get an empty one but I recon it might look the part.

Latest posts

Back