Double-Down

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MC, I could see a big old triple tree on the front of that; with the fatty intact! There is a company down here in Phoenix that makes extra big cruisers. Might check out this site for some ideas...
http://www.bigvintagebicycle.com/
OJ, Awesome looking bikes there! Some great thoughts come to mind as I look at them.

You are right about the triple tree plans. Some 1/4" plate should be strong enuff for me...
2f5393aaec7dc7d9c45b00db322e28bd.jpg
0aada34ecba4c4d67d9afd2a668b0b9a.jpg

That there's some preemo plating fer a rat. [emoji232]

Merle. :crazy:

Ideally, you don't HAVE to work on your bike on ride days...

Carl.

I Know. I know. ;-)

As you can tell, I can get impatient. I Like the vision so much, I want it all done yesterday.
At least you're working with tangibles.
Right now I'm working with futures.
Hopefully, with a little polish
The future will be so bright...
:cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2:

Carl.
I like your vision too.:thumbsup:

Must've popped it good, looks like you got some blood on that box.

The tank is cool, fer sure, but it partially obscures the wonderful work you did on the frame. For the same reason, I wouldn't use a chain guard; that work down there needs to be seen in its entirety. Either way, it's a killer build.

The tank is cool, fer sure, but it partially obscures the wonderful work you did on the frame. For the same reason, I wouldn't use a chain guard; that work down there needs to be seen in its entirety. Either way, it's a killer build.
By extending the frame, I felt the tank adds a bit to the curve and flow. I can always remove it later if it doesn't fit in after paint ;-)

By extending the frame, I felt the tank adds a bit to the curve and flow. I can always remove it later if it doesn't fit in after paint ;-)

I like the way that tank looks now. I like it in that position. Your eye is drawn to it, and it looks like it was born there. The twin tubes would have barren look to them if something didn't fill up that space a little.

These Bull Horns are growing on me. I may end up not changing them out. Once I got the fork figured out, will see.
853b0c2d13934f82aba7eb0ec35f0ed1.jpg

I was thinking that if I used a '36 CWC guard, it wouldn't cover up too much, and add a little more prewar flow to this custom build.
90e2a0530815788b429f4fb82a4b68b5.jpg

eb37fc36234e61543bc751fc0016939d.jpg

I also have this long guard off an OCC that I could cut in. Not sure I like it on this build though.
94a0e69ca18e63a647891d10238790d8.jpg

Thoughts???

Back