Doner bike?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to do a bicycle version of an early 40's military motorcycle. See below...

classic_600.jpg

I like the front end being higher and that its NOT a chopper. Love the "heaviness" of the front end, big front tire tucked up underneath, seat set low on the frame just above the rear fender....etc....

Been looking for a doner bike and the closest I have found that looks like it might work is the Electra Townie...anyone have any better ideas? I do not know how to weld so that is out of the question....has anyone done a bike like this?

What are your thoughts? Ideas on how you would do this?

Thanks but that's not quite what I am after. Although those are nice bikes, I was thinking more along the lines of a loose interpretation of the picture above. Thick tires, big fenders....etc....

The townie looks like a good choice. Might look at a west coast chopper, bigger wheels and less $$.

the no welding kills my idea, but in case you can figure that part out, i'd say a schwinn occ might do.

if you cut the forks down and pulled the head tube rake in 'til you got the stance you wanted i think it would work. along with playing with the triple trees to get a rear occ tire on the front. pretty much making an occ fat boy then giving it a military slant.

niether of these is quite what you're working on, but there are a few styling ques bettween them that might help you.

Picture063.jpg

a cut down spoiler fork and cut the head tube to work with the lower height, so it's more like a touring bike than a chopper.

and a bagger idea i'm playing with. again not exactly what you're doing but some bits might tranfer

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=18689

actually i have another bike i just thought of while i was typing that might be close without having to weld. i'll try to get a pic of it tomorrow.

well, after thinking about it i wasn't considering size. this is just a 20" bike

Picture039-1.jpg

it does have the basic look though. it's real similar to a wcc, but with shorter forks. more cruiser than chopper.

Philphine said:
well, after thinking about it i wasn't considering size. this is just a 20" bike

Picture039-1.jpg

it does have the basic look though. it's real similar to a wcc, but with shorter forks. more cruiser than chopper.

This is getting much closer to what i am looking for. Bummer its only a 20".... I gave my 7 year old son the new OCC Shwinn chopper for his birthday....of course that was 5 years ago. I came home one Saturday to a garage sale and he had sole it for $45. DOH!!

My wife, his step mom just looked at me all proud that it was a win-win....he got $45 outof it and she got more room in the garage to store stuff..... :shock:

Back