Does it have a Nexus?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cant really make out the shifter so not sure as well. but it is probably a 333.

Oh well, it's moot point anywho as it's sold. I am still seeking multi-speed coaster hubs--any suggestions?

I have...

3 or 4 SHomano 333 with 36 holes. One of them may be 28 hole but I would have to check. They are all in nice condition. LMK if they interest you.

Joe
[email protected]

Emanon, I love the 2 speed kickback hubs.. THere slick! I was riding dereks spitfire with the kick back, Id take off like a maniac in first shift hard into second and the tires would chirp when i shifted lol

keep that up ricky and you will be hunting ebay for a new one. they tend not to take well to abuse.

ricksterr1221 said:
Emanon, I love the 2 speed kickback hubs.. THere slick! I was riding dereks spitfire with the kick back, Id take off like a maniac in first shift hard into second and the tires would chirp when i shifted lol

My neighbor, when he was a kid in the '60's, would drag race bikes constantly. He had an early Stingray w/the 2 spd kickback & he lost only one race, (he says) to a kid on a brand new Schwinn 10spd. He loves the kickback so much he's building a wheel around one for his daily city rider--some sort of newish road bike!!! He says those 2 gears are all you need, at least in our neighborhood.

I think October had a post about this a while back, but WalMart sells a Next cruiser bike with a Nexus rear end for $119.

I just ordered one myself - mainly because the frame is aluminum and fairly light weight and it has the Nexus rear end on it. Cost me $130 with sales tax and I ordered it online and they will be delivering it to my local WalMart for free.

Their ad - which is for a Next Monterey - says it comes with a SA rear end, but I saw some in a WalMart while I was out of town and they all had Nexus rear ends on them, so they must have changed suppliers at some point. The one October bought also came with a Nexus.

So for $130 you get an aluminum frame, white wall cruiser tires, a Nexus rear end, etc.

Latest posts

Back