Do You Put Go-Jo On Your Bike ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I met an interesting knowledgable gentleman at a Hot Rod and Custom Bicycle Show. His passion is for the vintage bike restoration and collecting. Pre-war is the term that I thought he used.So we were talking shop,and he was insisting that you should only use the white cream Go-Jo,applied with your finger to your bike.Never use steel wool and chrome polish on rims.His vintage long spring saddle was brought back from the dead with a Go-Jo massage.The leather restored well.So I did an internet search on the topic,and it does have a following.The general consensus is that the white cream Go-Jo is a blend of soft soap,deodorized mineral spirits,and water.It is said to work well on old paint.You rinse it off with water. So,do you put Go-Jo on your bike?

Thanks for the tip. My wife gets tubes of GoJo from the dollar store for a buck. I'll try it and see if it does anything.

It will take a waterslide or screened decal right off though if not careful, even with your finger. Gojo works but I usually use a rag or a toothbrush myself. Some of the wheels people are trying to save need more than just gojo too.

I always use a combo of Simple Green and Dawn dish washing liquid.

Then for the really difficult grime in the tight places I use WD-40 and a stainless brush.

Rat Rod said:
I always use a combo of Simple Green and Dawn dish washing liquid.

Then for the really difficult grime in the tight places I use WD-40 and a stainless brush.

THE FORMULA FOR MAGIC TEXAS WATER IS OUT!! :mrgreen:

Back