Do different handlebars workout different muscles?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about putting some apehangers or moustache style handlebars on my Schwinn Cruiser. ( Polar opposites, I know. ) Which set, if either, will give my stomach a better workout?

I like the Wald 867 and Wald 869 but I'm looking for black - and cheap. Any ideas other than sanding and painting the Walds?

your legs and lungs get a workout, but thats about it on a bike. if you wanted to show off your abs id go shirtless with apes tho :lol:

Ratrod seems to have the biggest collection of black bars lately, maybe he could point you in the right direction.

and most of the cheaper bikes old bikes already have Wald bars on them if you went the "make your own" route, i think you could find a donor for free if ya look hard enough.

sorry your abs will not get a work out. if your lookin to get a six pack, better start doing sit ups along with using weights as your doing em. just don't put your hands behind your neck, not a good thing. keep em on your chest along with a weight when you are strong enough to do that an do em slow, sit up an tighten your abs an hold it for a count of 5. do as many as you can till ya feel a burn then stop. you should do em everyday if you can but be very careful.

Outlaw 8)

OUTLAW said:
sorry your abs will not get a work out. if your lookin to get a six pack, better start doing sit ups along with using weights as your doing em. just don't put your hands behind your neck, not a good thing. keep em on your chest along with a weight when you are strong enough to do that an do em slow, sit up an tighten your abs an hold it for a count of 5. do as many as you can till ya feel a burn then stop. you should do em everyday if you can but be very careful.

Outlaw 8)

C'mon man. That doesn't sound like fun at all. I just want to ride my bike! :cry:

Back