DIY fixie thread?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wasn't there a thread about building a fixie setup with basically spare parts? I have been searching for close to half an hour now.

thanks, so guess i would have to get a track cog. i was hoping that it was something that i just happened to have laying around.

I built one by removing all the sprockets on a freewheel exept one of the middle ones and then tacked the freewheel solid. I didn't know if I would care for a fixed gear bike so I wanted to go super cheap to find out. I didn't like it so it has been sent to the back of the garage to await another stroke of genius.

personally i dont like the idea of fixed gear, but if i could try it for free i was going to, i might try jb welding a sprocket to a lock ring or something and give it a whirl.

For some reason I've really been wanting to do a fixed cog rear wheel with a shimano freewheeling chainring on the front. Then some sort of disc brake caliper can clamp onto the chainring for braking. Just because its kind of backwards I guess.

thats what schwinn did in the 70s and 80s. so if you swapped out the front sprocket and the crank to a normal setup, would it be a multi-gear fixie? :lol:

Latest posts

Back